Chapter 49.

The day finally arrived. Unsure whether she was making the right decision, she sat in the dressing room in her white dress shirt and fumbled with the the silver ring she would wear in the ceremony.

It was surreal. She was going to marry the love of her life.

SHE WAS GOING TO MARRY THE LOVE OF HER LIFE.

A whirlwind of emotions surged in her stomach. Butterflies and anxiety swirled inside her. Doubt and excitement had a tight grip on her, she didn't know whether she could go ahead with the marriage.

As soon as she took her keys to leave, the door swung open. Chaeryeong came in wearing her elegant bridesmaid outfit. A simple white, floral laced dress that hugged her curves perfectly. She noticed the look of distress on her best friend's face and immediately pointed at her.

"Sit.", she commanded to which Ryujin obeyed. "Where do you think you're going?!"

Ryujin rested her elbows on the dress with her face buried in her hands. "I'm not thinking straight, I shouldn't be doing this."

Chaeryeong sighed and stood beside her, rubbing her back. "It's normal, you're just nervous. And let me tell you, you made the right decision."

"Wanting to leave?"

"No, stupid. Marrying the woman that made you into the person you are right here.", the redhead chuckled and placed her chin onto Ryujin's shoulder. "I'm proud of you, Ryu. You came a long way from the person you were a year ago."

Ryujin lifted her head up and looked at her best friend through the reflect of the mirror.

"Really?"

"Really. You remember those nights where we'd be sitting on the balcony and you'd tell me about the chaos happening in here.", she poked Ryujin's temple. "You told me that you hated how you can't care for people, that you're just a husk of a person that wandered the Earth feeling nothing but numbness. Now you're sitting here, the emptiness is filled up with love and compassion you have for a beautiful woman in the other room."

The bride to be smiled and leaned onto her best friend's head. She allowed her words to sink in, drowning out all the worries and fear inside her.

"Plus, what you have with Yeji... That's something special. When you have someone that's as precious as Yeji, you want to keep her. Protect her.", Chaeryeong continued as she rubbed the sides of her arms. "I know you, Ryu. You'll be the best wife for her."

Ryujin allowed a tear to escape, she turned around and hugged her. "Chaeryeong, you're the best person a sociopath could have. Thank you for always looking after me, being patient with me and being by my side."

Chaeryeong sobbed into Ryujin's shoulder, through all the years of struggles and burden she had experienced with her. It all lead to this moment, holding her in the dressing room, preparing to send her off to get married.

Ryujin patted her back, signalling her crying best friend to let go of her. "You need to fix your make up.", she joked.

Chaeryeong playfully hit her shoulder, "Shut up, rat."

-

-

-
Lia and Yuna helped Yeji fit in her dress. As the corset tighten, Yeji cursed under her breath for picking such a tight dress. Her mind was set on looking her best for Ryujin.

"Almost done.", her best friend announced as she pulled harder at the corset.

The bride gasped as her ribs were crushed, "Choi Jisu, are you trying to kill me?!"