Chapter 40.

When the carnival arrived in town, Yeji would sneak out of high school to attend. It was perhaps an attempt to fill the void in her heart that was yearning to experience the childhood she wished she had. She loved the rollercoasters, she loved how she felt the butterflies rise to her chest with every descent. She felt alive.

She experienced it with Ryujin, being with her was a ride itself. With every twist and turn, it was a force of emotions that she was addicted to. She was going higher and higher but when she reached the top, it was a long drop back down.

-

-

-

The door swung open with an unrelenting force storming through, crashing into Ryujin.

"What the fuck are you doing?", Yeji screamed at the top of her lungs, pushing Ryujin further and further away from her.

The grey haired woman allowed herself to get hit, she smelt the alcohol leaving her mouth. "Let me explain-"

"What is there to explain?! You were making out with an another woman."

Ryujin sighed, dropping her shoulder down. There was no way to reason with her in this state. "Yeji, let's talk about this in the morning."

Yeji scoffed, "So you're admitting that you wanted to fuck her? Why? Is it because we haven't had sex yet? Is this the reason you were kissing that woman?!"

She clenched her jaw, she didn't give two shits about having not sex with Yeji. Ryujin never wanted to rush her, she was just happy to be with her.

"What, you want get in my pants?! Let's do it right now.", Yeji grabbed Ryujin's hand and placed it into the front of her pants, her fingers on her core. "Cmon, is this what you want?!"

Ryujin pulled her hand back aggressively, "Yeji, you're drunk. Let's just go to bed and talk about this when you're sober."

"No. How can I sleep when you pulled a stunt like that?! You're such a hurtful bitch."

"Yeah, I'm a bitch. I stood at that bar waiting for you then this slut came up to me.", the grey haired woman raised her voice, starting to lose control of her anger.

"Then you kissed her, yeah I know. God, you're fucking despicable. I don't understand you, Ryujin. Am I just someone that you can manipulate?! Someone to play with?!", Yeji yelled louder, staring at her with a burning hatred. "Do you even love me?!"

"I love yo-"

"Fuck off, you're a goddamn liar. To think you're capable of loving.. You're right, I'm fucking delusional and you're a fucking heartless monster.", she held her hand to her mouth when her words escaped her throat.

"Ryujin, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean i-"

"No, no. You're right. You're always right.", she sighed.

"I'm sorry Yeji.", Ryujin looked at her with tears filling to the rim. "Go to sleep. I'll sleep on the couch."

Yeji tried to hold Ryujin's cheeks but she stopped her. "Go sleep, Hwang."

She trembled as she retracted her hand back and stumbled back into the bedroom.

Ryujin pulled out her pack of cigarettes and walked out to the balcony. She closed the sliding door behind her and crumbled to the floor with her face on her hand.

Yeji peeked out her doorframe to see Ryujin outside. I shouldn't have done that. She let her anger take advantage of her. Her heart sunk to her stomach seeing Ryujin's body shaking uncontrollably on the glass door. Maybe she should apologise to her but she knew she couldn't do it in her drunken state. She hoped Ryujin would stay till the morning.
-