Chapter 11.

Warning: Self-inflicted harm.

Her phone rang on the bedside table. She ignored the call. The phone continued to ring until it eventually vibrated off the table and fell to the floor. It continued to vibrate, Ryujin hesitantly rolled over and picked the phone off the floor and placed it onto her ear.

"... hello?", Ryujin answered with her deep morning voice as she rubbed her tired eyes.

"Well... You finally picked up.", the female voice on the other side replied sinisterly.

Ryujin immediately became alert, recognising the familiar tone.

"What do you want?", she replied while clenching her jaw.

"I heard you killed again. Good job.", Ryujin heard a chuckle which made her blood boil.

"Yeah, and what about it?"

"Are you active again? I missed having competition.", the other woman whined.

"Look, leave me alone. Don't fucking call me again.", the hitman immediately hung up the phone and chucked it beside her.

She hated her. Ever since she left the institution, she constantly received phone calls and text messages wanting to get back together with her. Every time Ryujin refused, she became more adamant.

‧͙⁺˚*·༓☾

Chaeryeong was too invested in watching dramas on TV when Ryujin came from behind the couch and scared the daylights out of her.

"You know that I can kick you out whenever I want?", Chaeryeong gave her the side eye when Ryujin jumped over the couch and seated next to her.

The dark-haired woman stole the can of Pringles her friend was eating, "You wouldn't, you love me too much.", she smiled with her dimples while munching on the chips.

Not amused by her actions, Chaeryeong stole the can back which made the hitman pout.

"Anyways, Lia said that there is a gathering at Yeji's place tonight. We're going.", the redhead said as she paused the TV.

"We are?", Ryujin widened her eyes.

"Would be rude to decline right?"

"Right"

It had been a week since Ryujin last saw Yeji. She needed time for herself for some self care, which involved reading books that she purchased years ago. Ryujin also knew that the architect was drowning in her projects, so she decided not to bug her with her presence.

‧͙⁺˚*·༓☾

During the week, the CEO was able to refine the design for the penthouse. So she had a meeting with the idol, she was somewhat satisfied with the draft while the idol was over the moon with the design which made her feel content. After the meeting, Yeji received a phone call.

"Hmm?", she answered the call while munching on a piece of banana bread.

"ChaeryeongRyujinandIarecomingovertoyourplacetonightforagatheringokay?bye", Lia mumbled incoherently, leaving Yeji in confusion.

"Wait, wait wha-", the phone call ended. The CEO smiled to herself and leaned back into her chair.

‧͙⁺˚*·༓☾

With the apartment all cleaned up and presentable for guests, Yeji sat on the couch waiting for them to arrive. She couldn't remember the last time she had people over to her place. On the very rare occasions she hosted a gatherings, it was usually catered towards Lia and her family or one night stands with people she met at the club. Therefore, she was very enthusiastic to have her friends over at her place.