Chapter 28.

Warning: Murdah, Gorah and taurcha *in an aussie accent* (murder, gore and torture)

A red mark formed on her forehead from leaning against the sticky, sweaty wooden bar. As she lifted her glass up, the bartender immediately understood the signal and poured another serving of whiskey on the ice. Her lips pursed against the cold rim as the strong liquor ran down her throat. She released a sharp exhale, relieving the hot, burning sensation out her mouth.

The loud, bass amplified music pumped through her head, aiding her in forgetting all her problems. A couple days had passed since she left her life behind. She only found solace in the alcohol filled club filled with people losing themselves in the song and many couples damn near fucking each other on the dance floor.

The lighting occasionally switched from the multi coloured strobes into black light making her entire left arm illuminate in the dark. She watched as the lightning strike on her arm flashed bright, she felt like a firefly emitting it's glow at night.

Her distraction was soon interrupted when a stunning, young woman sat beside her.
"Wow, you glow.", the intoxicated woman's eyes widened at the sight resulting her to caress the hitman's arm.

The dark haired woman rolled her eyes as she retracted her arm from her. Typically, she'd use it as an opportunity to get to know the person, dance with them and ultimately reach her end goal of taking them to bed with her. She wasn't in the mood for that.

"What's your name, babe.", the intoxicated woman slurred as she shuffled her seat closer to her.

"Joanne.", she replied, calling for another shot in her glass.

"Nice name, it suits you.". She cringed at the comment and took a sip of the alcohol to hide her distaste.

"My name is Jia. Buy me a drink?", the woman leaned onto Ryujin.

The frustrated woman placed the glass down harshly onto the table causing the other to flinch, Ryujin whispered into her ear.

As the woman heard more, her jaw dropped leaving her mouth wide open. Her eyes were big as saucers as she quickly ran away.

The hitman chuckled and turned back to her front, nursing another sip.

"What did you say to scare her away like that?", a familiar voice asked. She took a deep breath to calm her heart rate down.

"Just told her to buy her own drink", the dark haired woman gulped the last of her drink and flipped it upside down onto the table.

Ryujin turned her body to Karina who was sitting beside her.

"I didn't expect for you to text me about the list so suddenly.", Karina leaned on the bar with her glass of gin and tonic.

"Needed a distraction."

"Trouble in paradise?", she snickered. She slowly took a gulp of her drink.

"Well, I'll send you the list.", Karina gracefully slipped her phone out her pocket and spun it the right way up. She simply clicked a button which sent Ryujin a notification immediately.

The hitman stared at her phone, scrolling through all the names of targets that would soon been engraved on stone.

"I know it's a lot so I'm planning to do the first person with you. Just like the good old days, right?", she raised the corner of her lips.

"Right."
-

-

-
Ryujin threw her backpack into the trunk of Karina's luxurious sport car and slowly took a seat on the passenger side. The stakeholder reached into the glove box, fetching her white mask and gently covered the lower half of her face, careful not to ruin her lipstick.