Chapter 24.

The Devil never called in the favour, Ryujin lived every moment waiting for her call. Perhaps she was searching for the perfect victim to torment her, someone that was undeserving of a cruel demise.

As days turned into weeks, paranoia crept in, wrapping its cold dark claws around her neck. Every moment that she was apart from Yeji, dark and irrational thoughts illume in her. She feared for the worst.

However, each second they spend together felt like a bright light splitting in between her dark clouds. Even though Ryujin was talented in keeping her emotions to herself, it seemed that Yeji was able to read her like an open book. She didn't know the cause of her sudden switch but she knew that she was willing to walk through the storms with her.

Today was no different, Ryujin joined Yeji in her office as she finalised some designs and answered her emails. The CEO lifted her head from the table to take a subtle peek at her lover, Ryujin stared blankly at the floor in front of her while biting the edges of her nails.

Yeji decided that she had enough of work and wanted to do something fun. "Hey Ryu"

The hitman perked herself up as she heard her name. Yeji walked over to her and placed her hands on her shoulder.

"Did you remember how I offered a place for your sister to live?", Yeji stared lovingly at her.

Ryujin hummed while placing her arms on Yeji's waist.

"Why don't we pick her up and take her to one of the potential apartments?", the CEO smiled with the gesture.

"Let's do that. Let's see if there are any pig sties", Ryujin pulled away from her and picked up Yeji's keys from the desk.

Yeji chuckled and shook her head, "Ryu, be nice."
-

-

-
"Oh my God, thank you for saving me guys.", Yuna puffed out as she hopped into the backseat.

"I hope you like pigs cause they are gonna be your new roommates.", Ryujin said nonchalantly while Yeji sent her a death glare.

Yuna buckled her seatbelt across her body and gave Ryujin the middle finger.

"Children, behave.", Yeji giggled silently to herself.

She reached into the glovebox to put on her sunglasses. Her hand wondered blindly for her phone and passed it to the backseat passenger, "Also just because Ryujin is being a brat, Yuna can pick the music."

Yuna grabbed the phone from Yeji, "Time to play all the songs Ryujin hates MUAHAHA", the blonde mischievously laughed.

"You just gave us a death wish, my love.", The dark haired woman turned over to the driver, squinting in annoyance.

"That's what happens when you pick on her.", Yeji turned to her side to pull out onto the road. "It can't be that ba—"

An eclectic mix played through the speakers. Ryujin's face fell into her palms.

"O-oh, uh, it's very... techno.", Yeji raised her eyebrows.

"...Wait for it..", the older sister mumbled in her hands.

After a few more seconds, Yeji came to the realisation to what song was playing. "CBAT?!", the driver yelled on top of the song. She looked into her rear view mirror to see the younger sister 🦟🦗🦟🦗🦟🦗 in the back seat.

The CEO's mouth gaped as she turned over to Ryujin who mouthed "I told you so."

Yeji looked back at Yuna. The backseat passenger shrieked a high pitched laughter before pausing the song.