Chapter 9.

Speeding through the busy streets of Seoul was a walk in the park for Ryujin-- swerving past cars and trucks without slowing down, she was agile and in control.

As she had a near miss with a car, she felt Yeji's arms on her waist tighten more than she did before. Ryujin realised that the woman was probably still in distress from the earlier events. She pulled over into a parking lot beside a children's playground nearby. After kicking the stand to prop the bike up, she got off the seat and immediately took off the helmet for Yeji.

"Are you satisfied?", Ryujin said as she placed the helmet on the handlebar.

Yeji looked up at the hitman, with everything that happened that night, all her emotions erupted from inside her like an opened shaken can of soda. Yeji wailed loudly, throwing her face into her hands.

The dark-haired woman stood there, no having a clue as to what to do. Sure, she had dealt with people crying but she hadn't experienced someone having a full-blown panic attack in front of her.

"Shit, what do I do?!", Ryujin mumbled to herself. She rubbed her eyes as she tried to think about how to calm her down. "Oh right", the hitman placed her hands on Yeji's arms.

"Yeji, I am going to pick you up and take you to the bench over there. Okay?", she quietly informed the crying woman. Ryujin placed her arm under Yeji's legs and back and lifted her up with a groan as they made their way to a park bench in front of a swing set. She gently lowered Yeji down and sat beside her.

When Ryujin was staying at the institution, she remembered a patient who was experiencing a panic attack after hearing a loud bang down the hall. Nurses rushed to the patient, repeating affirmations ensuring that they were safe.

"Hey, you're safe now. Take a deep breath.", the hitman softly spoke while rubbing the woman's arm.

"I want you to copy me, okay? In... and out... in... and out...", Yeji staggered breath made it difficult for her to follow Ryujin's actions, but she still attempted to comply.

"Good job. Is there anything I can do?", the dark-haired woman asked as she was clueless how to continue because after...the nurses stabbed the patient with a tranquiliser.

"C-can you h-hold me?", Yeji managed to mutter out while she was still trembling.

Ryujin obligated with the request and wrapped her tired arms around the cat eyed woman. It was somewhat uncomfortable for the hitman, the only physical interaction she had was from Chaeryeong. Even so, it was mostly hits coming from her end.

"Like this?", she asked which the cat eyed woman nodded.

"Could you hold me a little tighter?", she whispered out as she felt herself calming down slightly.

Ryujin squeezed tighter; she felt the other's breathing returning back to its normal pace. Yeji nudged her face into the hitman's shoulder letting her tears escape from her eyes. The other didn't mind her vest getting wet, all she was thinking about was that she was helping someone through a vulnerable moment.

Ever since returning back into society, Ryujin thought as if the world was afraid of her. This resulted in her closing herself from letting anyone in. Frightened with what would happen when people would see her for what she is; a killer. Now there is a woman in her arms, she felt a sense of warmth she never thought she would ever feel.

After a little while, Yeji was finally able to calm down. "Thank you, Ryujin."

"For what?", she replied, moving her head out to look at her.

"For everything.", Yeji stayed nudged in the hitman's shoulder.

‧͙⁺˚*·༓☾

Ryujin came back from the convenience store with a small bag of water and snacks to help sober up the cat eyed woman. Yeji sat on the park bench, eyeing the set of swings in front of her.