Chapter 10.

I wouldn't let a diagnosis define who you are... Thank you, Ryujin... for everything. Ryujin never knew that words could be so powerful, even for a person like her. Those words that Yeji said, was it true? How was anyone able to say that after watching her brutally murder a man without any kind of empathy. But she did, for Yeji.

It was just her, alone with her thoughts in her queen-sized bed, pondering over the excruciating pain that man must've inflicted on her. No one deserved that. She couldn't possibly fathom the helplessness Yeji felt having the man that took advantage of her having power over her company, having him linger around her like an exasperating insect that was eager to have his presence known.

Even though she had exterminated that man, Ryujin questioned herself. Why did she feel a interpersonal connection with Yeji, she was just a client. She just gets paid to take out targets. Typically, she accepts a contract, investigates further into the victim's life, eliminates them and the money was wired into her account. That's it, yet she felt different taking on this contract.

Perhaps it was the events that happened in the past, the failed mission. The time that Ryujin wasn't able to eliminate Yeji. She set that aside in her mind, drawing to the conclusion that it was a moment of weakness. But nonetheless, she couldn't shake her mind of the fact that she comforted Yeji after the murder.

Generally, she wouldn't make any effort to care for over people's well-being other than Chaeryeong's and her own. When she saw the crippling torment behind her eyes, she felt something shift inside her. An urge to help take away her suffering, to protect her from all the evil in world. Even if she does, how would she be able to if she was evil herself.

‧͙⁺˚*·༓☾

"Ryujin...", a voice whispered into the room.

"Ryu~", the voice became persistent. The dark-haired woman groaned and turned to her side.

"SHIN RYUJIN WAKE UP YOU RAT.", a pillow was thrown at her, hard. Ryujin immediately bolted up from the bed like Frankenstein coming to life.

"What the fuck, Chaer?!", she yelled while glaring at the red head who was already dressed.

"It's already the afternoon and it's not healthy for you to be asleep this long.", Chaeryeong scolded with her arms crossed. Ryujin huffed and laid her head back on the pillow while hugging the other that was thrown at her.

Her best friend sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. "What happened last night? By the looks of your face, seems like a lot happened.", she said softly.

"Which part? The part that I killed the man or the part where I took Yeji home.", the hitman muffled into the pillow she was hugging.

"Just tell me about the night."

"In the middle of interrogating him, Yeji came in. She said some things to that man that I couldn't even imagine. She watched me as I killed him. After we left, she had what I think was a panic attack. I didn't really know what to do but I held her, and she calmed down in my arms.".

Chaeryeong's gazed soften when she heard the last sentence, she always knew that Ryujin had the capability to care for others. Even when she was going through a rough patch, Ryujin always somehow knew what to do. But now that she displayed it to another person, she couldn't help herself but to feel proud.

"Damn, that must have been awful for Yeji. But honestly, I'm glad that you were able to figure out how to comfort her during that.", Chaeryeong rubbed the other's back who was still burying her face into the pillow. "But I know you have more to say."

Ryujin pulled her face back out to face her friend, "I don't know what happened in that moment, I felt some sort of emotion building in me. Like I just unlocked a new instinct that made me want to care for her."