Chapter 37.

Breaking News:

A Body Found In HYJ's Stakeholder's Apartment

Article by 이지은 (Lee Jieun)

Police was called into the stakeholder's residence last night for a report of a foul odour coming of a nearby apartment.

"Every time we opened the door, there is this smell of death coming from that apartment.", 안유진 (An Yujin), a neighbour told The Korea Times.

At about 11:36pm, the police forced their way into the apartment. Authorities found the 22 year old's naked body laid in the middle of the living room in a pool of blood.

As of 12:30am, it has been reported that the identity of the deceased is 김민정 (Kim Min-Jeong). The victim was reported as missing a week earlier but police had no leads. She was an assistant to the successful CEO, 황예지 (Hwang Yeji).

"Autopsies showed that the body was decomposing for a week as it was in the 'Putrefaction' stage. The victim was sexually assaulted before she was brutally murdered. Her body was heavily mutilated with a large incision from her stomach to her ribs. She died a slow and agonising death.", Captain Moon reported from the public conference.

The apartment of the murder belongs to 유지민 (Yoo Jimin), HYJ's stakeholder. There has been no progress on finding the main suspect. Investigators claimed that the stakeholder vanished without a trace.

There has been no comment made from the CEO at this moment.
-

-

-
"Ms Hwang!! Did you know that your stakeholder is a murderer?"

"How do you feel about your assistant being dead?"

"Ms Yeji, What do you know about the murder?"

"Are you scared about how this investigation would affect your company?"

Yeji's security guard held the reporters back as she pushed through the crowd in front of her building. Journalists and photographers continued to pester the CEO as she made her way into the firm.

She inhaled a deep breath and took off her glasses to be met with her employees' glares. If stares could kill, she would've been dead a dozen times over.

The CEO ignored their icy eye contacts and walked straight into the elevator. She closed her dry eyes as the she was transported to her office.

As the door opened, she was immediately faced with the assistant's desk in front of her. Files and paperwork's were still stacked up on the table, waiting to be sorted, faxed and emailed.

Yeji bit the inside of her mouth as she tried hold back her tears. All her efforts failed as she broke down in tears. She had taken a liking towards her assistant, she was always on top of tasks, she took her coffee orders, whenever Yeji was down in the dumps, she was always there with a smile. Now, she became a victim of Karina's malicious actions. If she hadn't asked Min-Jeong to take the letter to her, she'd still be sitting at that desk to greet her.

As she was sobbing at the edge of the desk, she felt a warmth carry her up. Yeji turned around to see her girlfriend standing behind her.