Chapter 21.

Warning: Mentions of Suicide, Death, Goreish(?)

Holding her palm to the sun, the ring shimmered in the warm light spring bore. A reminder that someone saw the good in her when she couldn't find it herself.

They decided to take their relationship slow, giving each other time to adapt to their new development in their connection. Ryujin laid in the park beside a river, basking in the heat that she had yearned for the past couple months in winter.

She retracted her hand back and placed it on her chest. Her heart beat in a soft rhythm in tempo with her favourite song playing in her earphones. She smiled in content, she was finally where she wanted to be in life. Her eyes closed.
-

-

-
Ryujin woke up in cold sweat, her phone vibrated in her pocket. It was no longer bright out, the sky was orange, not a person in sight. The phone was still vibrating, she pulled the phone out from her pocket.

"What the fuck do you want?", Ryujin rubbed her face, her eyes still darting around her surrounding.

"..."

"What do you want?!"

"..."

"Wha—"

"Turn around.", the voice snickered on the other line.

Ryujin turned around, the streets were empty, stores abandoned. There wasn't a soul in sight. She stood up and walked towards the road. Each step she took, the grass beneath her feet shrivelled up, turning black.

As she made her way to the road, a figure opened the convenience store door, orange hair covered the her face. She knew who it was.

"Yeji!!", Ryujin yelled, picking up her pace.

Yeji held a bag of snacks in her arm, she turned to the hitman with her signature smile. She waved at her and took a step onto the road. Ryujin smiled back and stayed still, waiting for her to cross the road.

Ryujin watched as Yeji ran across the road but a rev startled her. A black car appeared at the traffic light, the engine roared. She glanced at the car, then back at Yeji. She quickly realised what was going to occur, she began running towards Yeji.

"Yeji!!", She screamed out while pointing at the car, hoping Yeji would run faster. The cat eyed woman seemed not to understand Ryujin and kept smiling at her.

She tried to run faster, her feet were moving but she was stuck in the same black patch of grass she was standing in. The traffic light turned green, the car darted in an incomprehensible speed, barrelling towards Yeji.

"YEJI MOVE", Ryujin shrieked out, she still trying to reach her. Yeji continued to smile. "YEJI!!!"

The speeding car's impact caused the cat eyed woman to roll over across the hood, Ryujin let out a pained scream. She covered her eyes, she couldn't bear to see her.

Ryujin removed her hands from her face. She frantically looked around, she wasn't in the park anymore. She looked down at her clothes, it was replaced with the same clothes that she used to kill people. Her phone was replaced with a knife covered in blood.

The hitman looked back in front of her, she stood in front of a door that was all too familiar to her. Yeji's.

"Fuck.. Yeji!!", she banged on the door. The door suddenly opened. Ryujin ran in to see the apartment left exactly the same way as it was before. She let out a sigh of relief until she noticed a trail of blood leading into Yeji's room.

Ryujin ran towards the bedroom, fearing for the worst. Fuck fuck fuck fuck. She turned the door knob, she clenched her eyes tight as she walked in.