Chapter 43.

TW: Violence.

"Who are you?", the petrified lawyer asked with the paper wavering in his fingertips.

"Did Seulgi sign it?!", Yeji spoke up for the first time, placing her hand on the table.

"Yeah. She did.", he said through his teeth and dropped the divorce papers. "But I can't discuss any further."

Ryujin let out an an amused laughter which left everyone stunned. "Such a professional, aren't you?"

Changbin clenched his jaw and swallowed hard, "I have to be when I work in this field."

The grey haired woman took another paper out of her pocket and threw it to the lawyer.

"Take a look at both of them.". she said cynically while leaning back into the backrest.

He took both the papers and examined the letter and the divorce certificate. Sweat began beading down his forehead, he unbuttoned his collar and placed the papers back down.

"Why are you showing me this?!"

"Look at the goddamn signatures!", Yeji slammed her palm onto the desktop, startling the panicked lawyer.

He moved his gaze towards the signatures on both pages and looked back up, "I don't see anythin-"

The former hitman moved faster than he could comprehend, she reached for her knife and laid it on his neck.

"Let's take a closer look, shall we?", Ryujin calmly whispered into his ear, she rearranged the papers and patted his back.

"I-It's the same.", Changbin laboured out, frantically looking at Ryujin.

"Now, why is that?"

"I d-don't know.", he yelped as she pulled his hair back, causing the blade to rest closer to his arteries.

"If you don't give me an answer within the next 10 seconds, we are painting going to pain this room red.", she snickered into his ears.

The lawyer eyes widened at Yeji opposite them, silently pleading for mercy. Instead of feeling remorse, he was meet with her piercing sharp feline eyes filled with ice.

"10... 9... 8...", the former hitman began counting down. She could feel the man trembling beneath the knife.

Changbin began to whimper and tremble violently.

"7... 6... 5..."

Yeji's expression switched to concern, was Ryujin really willing to kill this man?

"4... 3... 2..."

"He paid me to do it.", The lawyer yelled out.

"Who?!", Ryujin yelled louder.

"Wook Lee. Hwang Wook Lee...", he spat out quickly. "I was starting out and I didn't have any clients. He offered me a huge sum of money that I couldn't refuse. He told me me to fake the divorce."

Ryujin took the blade off his neck and tapped his cheek, "That wasn't so hard, was it?"

"Why did he fake the divorce?", Yeji asked furiously.

"I don't know, I didn't ask.", he replied while trying to catch his breath.

Displeased with the answer, she rushed around the desk and grabbed his collar.

"What do you mean you don't know?!", her voice filled with anger.

Even though Ryujin had witness Yeji's wrath, this was all new to her. The light that radiated from her was dimming.