Chapter 41.

Her mother's death was possibly the most pivotal moment in her life. Having her mother's blood soaked into the skin of her hands changed her completely as a person. From that moment, she felt something snap, she couldn't feel anything. There was no emotion, no grief-- just simply no pain.

She loved her mother. A lot. But a part of her was glad she was gone, that she was six feet under. She hated herself for it but she believed that death was better than suffering under the hands of her father.

Every year, she would drop everything to visit for mother's grave. It reminded her that every though she was gone, she had someone that truly cared for her and Yuna.
-

-

-
Smoke left a harsh aftertaste in her mouth, she looked up to the sky hoping that she wasn't watching her.

After putting out her cigarette, she put her hands into the pockets of her black bomber jacket and walked back into the apartment.

Yeji appeared from the bedroom with a black trench coat and a dress shirt and pants. She turned over to her girlfriend who gave her a weird look.

"What?"

Ryujin changed her expression to a smile, "Bit overdressed aren't you?"

She looked back at her clothes and back at her, "I'm meeting my girlfriend's mother, I want to make a good impression."

Yeji continued to straighten out her clothing until Ryujin's arms wrapped around her body.

"You're funny.", she snickered and gave Yeji a peck.

"Are you ready?", the cat eyed woman grinned.

"Not quite.", Ryujin quickly grabbed her bag and crossed it over her body. "Let's go."
-

-

-
After picking up Yuna from her apartment, the drive to the cemetery was interesting to say the least. It turned out the random man Yuna was making out at the club became obsessed with her and wanted to meet up later in the week. Ryujin immediately turned to face Yuna, offering to take him out if he lays a finger on her. She immediately refused her sister's offer, saying that she declined the date due to her commitment issues.

They eventually made it to the cemetery. Yeji hasn't visited a cemetery before. Not even for her brother as he was cremated and reside in her father's home. She always assumed that it was a land filled with old and abandoned gravestones with large black crows perched on dead, withering trees. But this cemetery was far from it.

The gravestones were clean and polished, probably due to being cared for by the workers. The grass was a vibrant green with large trees casting its shade over picnic tables for visitors.

She was so lost in mesmerisation of the place that she didn't notice Yuna and Ryujin were already making their way over to their mother's grave. Yeji sped walked to them, unsure if running would be appropriate in a resting place.

The Shins made it to a stone and stood there waiting for the cat eyed woman to catch up.

"Hey mom.", Yuna bend down to the headstone and touched it. "Are you resting well? I'm sorry that it took me so long to come back. I was studying in Sydney and I graduated, mom."

She smiled to try stop the tears from flowing. "But I'm home now. I got a job in a fashion company and I'm becoming a model now! Do you remember all those days, I would dress up in your clothes and give you and Ryujin a fashion show? Well I'm going to do that now."

"I wish you were here to see it, mom.", Yuna stumbled on her words as she wiped her tears. "I'll let Ryujin talk to you now."

She stood back up and looked at Ryujin and Yeji with a smile before walking back to the car to set up the picnic. Ryujin took Yeji's hand to come closer to the tombstone.