Chapter 42.

Searching and gathering information from her targets quickly became Ryujin's strong suit when she became a hitman. She needed to identify their regular schedule, their frequent visited locations and their crimes.

But this instance was different. Rather than eliminating her target, she was reuniting her target with her daughter.

After dropping Yuna back to her apartment, they rushed back home to begin their search.

Ryujin sat on the couch after taking of her shoes, "Okay, I need a laptop and any information that could be helpful."

Yeji nodded and rushed into her bedroom to retrieve her laptop she regularly used when she was working remotely. She hurriedly tossed it to Ryujin who yelped in shock.

"Are you trying to knock me out?!", she yelled at her girlfriend who was digging through some boxes in her closet.

She received no response so she logged into Yeji's laptop. As the screen loaded up, Ryujin giggled when she saw her wallpaper was a photo of her side by side with a cat when they went to the cat cafe.

But there were more pressed matters than a photo of her, she logged into the dark web that they both knew too well. The site enabled them to access police records and database to track down any civilians.

"Yeddeong, what's your mom's name?", she called out.

"Seulgi, Hwang Seulgi.", Yeji called out from the bedroom.

The former hitman typed her name into the search bar, thousands of people popped up.

"When's her birthday?"

"February 10th"

She added her birthday into the laptop which no results popped up. Ryujin was stumped but remembered that she was divorced.

"Yej, What's her maiden name?"

"Kang. Kang Seulgi."

Ryujin deleted the name and entered the new name into the system with the birthday. Thankfully, one person popped up.

Name: Kang Seulgi
DOB: February 10th (Year Unknown)
Age: Unknown
Next of Kin:
Hwang Wook Lee (Divorced)
Hwang Hyunjin (Deceased)
Hwang Yeji (Daughter)
Family:
Kang Ga Ram (Older brother)
Status: Unknown
Last updated in 2019.

"Yeddeong... This is strange.", Ryujin said out loud. Yeji walked back into the living room with a crumpled paper in hand.

"What is it?", she asked as she sat beside her.

"Look at this.", the former hitman turned the screen over to Yeji. "There is no birth year and the last update was in 2019."

The cat eyed woman frowned at the discovery, "That's weird, that's the same year she left."

Ryujin hummed and looked at her girlfriend's hand, "What's that?"

"It's the letter she wrote when she left. I crumpled it up in anger but I kept it.", Yeji said lowly as she passed it to her.

Ryujin opened the letter:

Yeji,
When you read this, I am gone. I can't bear to live in a house that constantly reminds me of your brother. I also had enough of your father. So I decided to divorce him.

Don't try and find me. Don't contact me or my siblings. You no longer have a mother. Good luck and live well.

Seulgi.