Chapter 38.

The concept of love was starting make more sense to Ryujin. Many philosophers said that love is more than just a feeling-- that it involves caring for someone and wanting their happiness above others. Kant talked about how loving someone should always help with self improvement; becoming a better version of themselves.

Having the person whom she loved the most wrapped around her waist felt like she was ascending to heaven. Loving Yeji was like a drug. She felt unstoppable, like she was able to tackle through brick walls, stop incoming trucks with her bare hands. Ryujin never wants to be sober again.

The motorbike tilted from side to side while avoiding the cars on the road. With no destination in mind, they explored the busy streets of Seoul.

"Ryu..", she heard coming through the headset.

"Hmm?"

"Your stomach is growling, I can feel it."

Ryujin's stomach rumbled, she hasn't eaten since breakfast causing her hunger to occur.

"Let's grab something from there.", Yeji pointed at a convenience store on the side of the road.

She promptly pulled over in front of the store. Ryujin waited for Yeji to hop off the bike safely before she got off. The pair placed their helmet on the bike and walked into the shop.

Ryujin picked up a basket and became a slave for Yeji. The cat eyed woman concentrated on finding the perfect instant ramen that would satisfy their appetite. Ryujin smiled to herself as her girlfriend focused hard like she was finding Waldo among the crowds of people.

The grey haired woman picked out a random ramen package from the shelf in front of Yeji. "If you think too hard, you'll get wrinkles."

Yeji furrowed her brows at her, "This is a serious decision, Ryu." She looked at the packet Ryujin picked, "But you chose a good one."

"Really? I only chose it because of the name.", Ryujin smirked and slightly wiggled her shoulders.

The cat eyed woman looked closer at the ramen, "Oh.. Shin Ramen.. You're so funny", she laughed mockingly.

The former hitman rolled her eyes, "Let's get some drinks, future Mrs Shin." Ryujin smirked mischievously and walked away, leaving her starstruck.

Yeji's mouth dropped as she blinked several times, trying to process her words. Mrs. Shin?!
-

-

-
Stars decorated the night sky with its remarkable shimmer, accompanying the bright moon in its solitude. Yeji and Ryujin took their disposable plastic bowls out to sit on the grass opposite the river.

The pair sat down and began consuming their freshly made bowl of ramen. They stared out onto the serene body of water in front of them.

It was these moments that they felt whole again. The broken little pieces were mended in each other's presence.

A few minutes passed, they observed couples strolling by hand in hand, relishing in the cool air of the night. Ryujin slurped up the last of her ramen before sipping on the remaining soup.

"Where do you want to go now?", Ryujin said she was poured out the rest of the broth on the ground and grabbed Yeji's empty bowl.

"There's that arcade that opened up.", Yeji replied.

Ryujin immediately got up and took her hand to bring her back to her feet. The couple decided to walk to the arcade to burn off calories.
-

-

-
It didn't take long until they stood in front of a descending staircase at the entrance. They made their way down into dark hallway until bright neon lights took them by surprise. Laughs and cheers filled the loud atmosphere. Several people sat on the car seats with a mutual desire to win first place. Hardcore gamers grabbed the barriers behind them for support as their feet were blurred from tapping on buttons while hitting perfect scores on DDR.