Chapter 34.

"You came back.", the CEO mumbled into her collarbone, taking in the scent she thought she had forgotten.

"Well, I was actually in here for the past couple days waiting for you. I'm glad I stayed.", Ryujin replied with a smile, resting her chin on her head.

"So that time I received the slice of cake, it was you?", Yeji pulled back from Ryujin and smiled with a single tear drop running down her bruised cheek.

"Yes it was.", she answered, wiping the drop with her thumb. "Go get your stuff and come over here."

She nodded frantically and ran over to her table, grabbing her latte and cake and hastily make her way back to Ryujin's corner, sitting in the same seat she sat in when she met Ryujin for the second time.

"So..", Yeji smiled.

"So.."

"You dyed your hair. It suits you.", the cat eyed woman observed the grey shining under the warm glow of the incandescent bulbs.

"So did you, I like this colour. It's natural.", Ryujin replied. Her brown hair contrast her milky skin, making her look more beautiful than she already was.

"In your letter. You told me not to watch the news. I'm sorry, I couldn't stop myself from turning on the TV.", Yeji said gently, watching the way Ryujin's eyes soften. "All those murders, it must've been torture for you."

She looked down to her fidgeting fingers on her lap. The last thing she wanted was Yeji to see all the brutal murders she committed during the month.

"Ryujin.. I know it was against your will. Karin—"

"You know about Karina?", the grey haired woman said a bit too loud. After noticing all the eyes on her, she whispered,"You know?"

Yeji nodded, "Chaeryeong told me about her. Then we realised that she must've been controlling you so I invited her to have a meeting with me."

Ryujin bit her inner lip, remembering what Karina said to her. She wants me.

"I asked her to come with me to Japan."

"She also said that you wanted her. You flirted with her.", Ryujin looked away as she tried to hide her feelings.

Yeji took a moment, watching how Ryujin's demeanour changed. Her shoulder slumped down, her eyes were avoiding her, her lips slightly trembled.

"Shit. Ryujin, I only did it to get her address. I wanted to save you.", she placed her hand on the table, signalling Ryujin to hold it. "The only person that would ever have my heart is you."

Ryujin chuckled and turned back to Yeji with love in her eyes, as wide as the vast galaxies of stars.

"But then when we did couldn't find you, I resorted to the last option I had."

"The listing.", she replied for her.

"And you know how that turned out.", Yeji let out a dry laugh.

Ryujin pursed her lips together,"How's your neck?"

The CEO unwrapped her scarf, revealing the dark contusions formed. Ryujin let out a sigh as she gently placed her fingertips on the injury. Yeji didn't flinch at her touch, it was rather soothing.

"I'm sorry I didn't come sooner.", she said regretfully.

"But you did come. You saved me, Ryu."
-

-

-
The pair took the elevator up to Yeji's apartment. Yeji observed the hitman's face the whole way, her cheeks were sunken into her bone, prominently dark circles under her eyes. Her heart ached for her, the suffering she must've endured all these times.