Chapter 31.

Major TW: SH, Suicide Attempt. (There will be another warning further into the chapter).

Cats wailed in the alleyway outside the window. Cobwebs stretched along the walls, mold and mildew scattered across the room. Living in an old condo didn't phase her. She deserved it.

Her fingers strummed on the worn out strings of the guitar as she leaned on the windowsill, creating small tunes. Each note rang out off pitch but regardless of the harsh tang of the sound, she continued to pick at the strings. Forgotten songs travelled to her calloused tips. Sorrowful melodies filled the damp air as she closed her eyes, losing herself into the music.

She leaned closer to the guitar, her short hair gently falling to the side with her newly dyed ash grey colour shimmering in the muted sunlight. Her muscles became less defined, her malnutrition took the best of her. Fingers became bony, her once fluffy cheeks were hallowed into her face.

All her demons surrounded her with their darkness, constantly tormenting the hitman. You have a special place in Hell with your name carved in it. You're unworthy of any good, you deserve nothing but misfortune and pain, all the agony and misery that comes with your despicable actions. Die. Ryujin's fingers froze on the metal strings, her head slumped over onto the guitar. She wanted to stop, to end it all.
-

-

-
Mindlessly drawing in her sketchbook with a pencil that was too small for her hand, she tried to distract herself from all the voices in her head.

She slammed the book shut as the door abruptly opened. The stakeholder strutted into the room with a devilish grin plastered on her face.

"Why are you here, Karina.", the hitman stuck her tongue into her cheek, holding back her anger for the woman invading her space.

The stakeholder plopped her body onto the couch beside Ryujin.

"I have some news for you.", she said cynically.

"Do I look like I give a shit?", Ryujin shuffled herself away from her.

"Oh, but you will give a shit.", the stakeholder leaned back into the couch and laughed mischievously. "I'm going to Japan this coming weekend."

"Good, go. I don't want to see you."

"You're not going to ask with who?", Karina turned over to the grey haired woman.

"... I'll humour you then. Who are you going with?"

"With your beloved.", she whispered out.

Ryujin's composed posture immediately dropped and was replaced with an apprehensive expression painted on her face with her body paralysed with fear.

Karina unleashed a hellish cackle as she slammed her palms onto the couch, finding humour in Ryujin's terror.

Ryujin sprung up from the couch, fists clenched. "Don't you fucking dare hurt her.", she said with her voice raised and anger boiling in her throat.

Karina held her hands up, parallel to her face, "Oh don't you fret, Jo. I won't hurt her, unless she wants me to."

The hitman stared at her, burning holes into the stakeholder.

"You should've seen the way she spoke to me, convincing me to come with her. The way she wants me.", Karina spoke slowly, allowing Ryujin to soak in every word she said.

"No... you're bullshitting.", Ryujin yelled out, her face glowed red with hatred. "There's no way in hel—-."

"But she does, Ryujin. She held my hand, looking at me with those seductive eyes. whispering much she wants me.", she sneered. "I'll let you how I make her scream with my head between her legs."