Chapter 17.

It's been a week since leaving the lakehouse. Yeji went to work early to meet with a potential stakeholder so Ryujin decided to stay home. She spent the day on Chaeryeong's computer, reviewing over her old contracts. Each one of the contracts was seared into her brain, constantly reminding her of her unforgivable actions. She sat there scrolling, recalling all the targets and their crimes. Soon, she made it to the end of the listings-- Yeji's.

She never failed to complete a contract, she always determined to fulfil the duties she had to do and have the numbers in her bank account increase. It made her feel like a robot programmed with one task; to kill. But that night, looking into Yeji's pain riddled eyes, it was as if she was able to break free from the chains that held her back from her numbness.

Ryujin never really understood what may have caused her psychopathic tendencies, she had always displayed the signs since she was a child. Psychologists and doctors suggested could be genetic, however none of her parents or family members showed a hint of it. Then they assumed the cause to be environmental factors.

Sure, her childhood could have been better, her father was a violent drunk and her mother was always taking the brunt of it but Yuna was also there and as far as Ryujin knows, Yuna isn't the same as her.

She had enough of staring at the screen so she walked out to the balcony with a sketch book in hand.

As she turned to a blank page, she drew whatever came to mind, getting lost in the rough paper. Ryujin placed the book on the table, to realise that the face she drew was the saem face that she had been dreaming about every night.

She mentally cursed herself for letting her take up every part of her mind. The wind blew against the pages, more sketches of Yeji flipped through the book. Ryujin dropped her face into her hands. Why is she so obsessed with her.

-

-

-

Yeji sat at her desk, her leg bouncing up and down under the table. She revised through her notes and contract while biting the edge of her finger.

Her new assistant called her while she was at the lakehouse, informing her that someone was interested in investing in her company and wanted to become a stakeholder. She setted up a meeting to get to know the person but the anticipation gave her no sleep and her bloodstream filled with nervousness and caffeine.

The intercom buzzed, startling the CEO. Her assistant informed her of the stakeholder's arrival so she told her to send them in. Yeji bit the insides of her mouth, waiting for the door to open. She thought to herself that she should've asked Ryujin to come in to give her moral support but it was too late, the door opened.

"Miss Hwang?", Yeji immediately stood up from her desk and made her way to the stakeholder.

"Yes, that's me. And you must be Ms Yoo.", she extended her hand out to the elegant business woman. "Please, take a seat.", she gestured to the seat opposite her.

"I heard that you are interested in becoming a stakeholder for HYJ, why is that?", the CEO asked crossing her arms onto the table.

"I was staying at a hotel and I thought wow, this place with magnificent. So I spoke with the boss of the hotel and he told me that you designed and constructed the building.", the business woman expressed her admiration.

Yeji listened attentively, remembering the hotel building she designed. It was one of the first projects that she designed and one of her favourites.

"I did more research on you and your company and thought that I want to be involved in it, I believe that there is so much more potential in company can have."