Chapter 22.

Ryujin felt that she recovered quickly in Yeji's care. She sat on her bike outside the company, reading stories on her Kindle that Yeji gave to satisfy her reading needs. Her lover recommended some sci-fi stories which quickly became her favourite genre. She also downloaded some self help books to assist herself to better care for Yeji.

Light taps on her helmet caught her attention, Ryujin turned around to see Yeji putting on her helmet. Earlier, Yeji called Ryujin to come pick her up from work so they could ride to one of the CEO's latest projects in Incheon. Initially, the hitman declined the offer but instantly rode over to the company.

Yeji gently hopped behind Ryujin, giving her a light shoulder rub notifying her that she was all set to go. Ryujin had recently purchased a new headset that enabled her to communicate with her passenger clearly through the loud roar of the engine. She signalled Yeji to turn on her headset.

"Ahhhh~~ Is this working? AaAaaAaaAH~~", Yeji vocalised through the microphone, Ryujin immediately shook her head.

"I'm going to turn off the headset now.", Ryujin joked. Yeji gave a playful cat punch onto her shoulder.

"Please, you love my beautiful voice. GAaaaAah~!!"

The driver chuckled, "Hold tight, Yej"

It was the little things that brought joy into Ryujin's dark world. Before, she used to ride through the streets at night, with her earphones in and on a mission to take out a target. Now, Yeji's voice became her favourite song, even though it was constant yelps when Ryujin swerve past cars.

She didn't mind though, it reminded her that someone was willing to put their trust in her.

Typically, a drive from Seoul to Incheon would take less than half an hour to arrive, however, Ryujin was distracted with Yeji asking her to slow down so she can fall head over heels and swoon over any dogs or street cats they pass by. It took them almost an hour to arrive in front of the newly constructed building that Yeji designed.

Ryujin carefully help Yeji step off the bike before taking off her helmet. The static caused her hair to float in the air, Yeji laughed so hard, leaving her confused.

The hitman took a hint of what happened when the cat eyed woman took photos of her hair that closely resembled a bird's nest. She hastily combed her fingers through her hair to tame and reduce the fizz. Yeji wiped her tears and helped her flatten her hair out.

"You still look adorable, even if you look like a crazy cat lady.", Yeji held Ryujin cheeks in between her palms.

"The only cat I own is you, and if that makes me a crazy cat lady. I'll gladly go mad for you.", Ryujin smirked and gave her a peck on the lips.

Yeji stood there, shocked. "Since when are you so cheesy. I don't know this Ryujin."

"Since I've met you.", Ryujin gave her another kiss, more passionate than the last. They didn't care for the PDA, they wanted to stay in the moment.

"Ryu.. We need to go, we have a building to examine.", Yeji pulled back smiling, she took Ryujin's hand and took her into the building.

-

-

-

Ever since Yeji signed a contract with a new stakeholder, her clients were more open with her ideas and inputs, allowing Yeji to have more free reign with her designs. The building that they were visiting was a complex for Kpop idols to live in. It wasn't as luxurious as most of her designs but nonetheless, she wanted to provide extreme comfort for them.

The pair walked around the hallways with doors opened, revealing unfinished living rooms and bedrooms. She wanted to keep the living space bare for the occupants to decorate and renovate to their desires.