Chapter 16:

Saturday morning, we all woke up and decided to get brunch a do a little shopping in town. We were grateful to not be terribly hungover and of course ordered mimosa's at brunch. We went to a couple of our favorite stores in town and I was definitely looking for something to wear on my date with Chris. I wanted to look sophisticated while also sexy which is a hard look to master. I purchased a couple of different options and decided I would decide closer to time. We chose to stay in on Saturday night because we were still so exhausted from last night's festivities. We ordered pizza and all piled on to the couch to watch movies. It was so nice being around Molly and Kristen again. They were also on the squad at NYU and we lived right across from each other so we all spent lots of time together in undergrad. The girls were planning to head back after breakfast on Sunday so they could get prepared for their work week. Both of them were nurses now, and worked a couple of twelve hour shifts during the work week. We all went to bed around midnight and I was so exhausted that I quickly fell into a dreamless sleep. We woke up on Sunday and made cinnamon rolls for breakfast with coffee and fruit before the girls packed up and headed back to New York. I was sad to see them go but we promised to make a trip to New York and visit them in a few months since they made the trip to see us.

I was really excited that this weekend had provided such a big shift in our relationships with our teachers. Thursday morning, we had nothing more than a friendly and professional Professor/student relationship. Everything changed Thursday night and after the events on Friday, I really thought something could come from this. Chris was the first guy that I was genuinely interested in who was also local. Henry, Austin, and James couldn't ever be more because the distance was too vexing. Chris and I really formed a connection this weekend and I really hope that he was looking for something more than a one-night stand. Emma and I spent Sunday working on school stuff. We weren't exactly behind in our classes, but we weren't ahead anymore and so we needed to catch up.

Monday morning rolled around and Emma came into my bedroom and jumped on my bed to wake me up.

"Rise and shine!!" she sing-songed.

"I hate that you're so cheerful in the mornings" I mused from under my covers.

She laughed before smacking me with one of my pillows. I crawled out from under the covers and gave her a sleepy smile.

"I texted Lizzy last night and she said she was feeling much better. She'll be at class today." Emma informed me.

"I'm so glad! I hate that she couldn't come out with us on Friday."

"What are you going to wear for class today?"

"I'm thinking casual and comfy. Plus it's raining outside so I don't want to ruin a good outfit. What about you?"

"I'll likely do the same. I'm going to go get dressed." Emma said.

I look through my closet and decide on a simple black crop top, black leggings, and an oversized coat.

"Katy, I don't like any of my clothes!" I hear Emma whine as she stalks to my closet.

"Okay, what about this?" I toss her an oversized crème cardigan and a matching bodysuit top. "Maybe with some joggers or jeans?" I ask her.

"Ohhh that's perfect! Thanks babe!" she replies while heading back to her room.

We finish getting ready, scarf down some breakfast and head to my car.