Chapter 87:

After my parents finally gave in and went to bed, the rest of us continued to spend time around the campfire. It had gotten too cold to stray far from it but the alcohol and blankets we brought down kept us warm. We made s'mores and ultimately just had so much fun hanging out and telling stories. Jake and Courtney caught us all up on the local drama and Jake was thrilled when I gave him a few beers since he was home with us. We didn't want the night to end, but by 2am we finally gave in and put the fire out before heading into bed. The bedroom that was always considered mine at the lake had two queen sized beds in it, so Seb and Emma took one while Chris and I took the other. Jake and Courtney's room had twin bunk beds from when Jake was little and would bring friends with him.

After changing into pajamas, I jumped on the bed to get ready to sleep. Emma climbed in beside me and giggled when Seb threw his hands up.

"Oh no, I'm not sharing this tiny bed with Chris. Get over here Em."

"I've missed snuggling with Emma! Think of how sweet it will be to cuddle up to your best friend to stay warm, Sebby!" I say while wrapping my arms around Emma.

"Nope, I'm sharing the bed with a female tonight. I'd prefer if it were my girlfriend."

Chris came out of the bathroom looking confused for a moment before climbing in bed behind me like this was nothing new which caused us to giggle. Chris leaned over and slapped my ass hard which caused me to yelp as Emma climbed out of the bed to go back to Sebastian.

"That better not have been Emma." Sebastian snickered.

"The giant red hand print on my ass would prove that it wasn't. Ouch Chris!"

"Sorry baby, need me to kiss it to make it better?" He chuckled.

"Hey, if y'all are going to get freaky over there, at least let us know so we can watch." Sebastian said before getting smacked by Emma.

"Nothing freaky happening." I say as I shimmy my ass against Chris's crotch which causes him to grab my hips and groan in my ear.

"Princess, if you don't quit pushing your ass against me like that, then I'll show you some really freaky things no matter who's watching." Chris whispers in my ear and I giggle.

"Yes, Professor Evans." I whisper back to him and he playfully bites my neck before I force him to stop and we settle in and fall asleep.

The next morning, we wake up to Sebastian and Emma jumping on top of us to wake us up. We head to the kitchen where my mom is making a massive breakfast of bacon, sausage, eggs, and homemade biscuits. I pour us all a cup of coffee and am positively starving smelling all of the delicious food being prepared. We enjoy a big breakfast before packing up and getting ready to head back toward the airport. I was dreading this moment just like I always do. Coming home to visit is so bittersweet, especially when it's time to leave.

My dad always struggles the most when it's time for me to leave, so while the others are helping clean up from breakfast, I sneak out and find my dad in the garage.

"You okay, dad?"

"Yeah, darling. I'm just puttering around out here. Did you have a good trip?"

"I really did! It's always so bittersweet when I have to leave though. I'm going to make sure to come home this summer for at least two weeks and I want to spend every bit of it up here on the lake."

"Well, I'd like that very much. I wish you could come home for longer, but I know you are happy with your life up there in Boston."

"I really am. What do you think of Chris? He's pretty great, isn't he?"