Chapter 17:

My phone buzzed and I immediately jumped for it.

Chris: On my way to your place. Sebastian gave me the address from the other night. Should be there in about 15 minutes.

Katy: See you soon! :)

I keep checking the time on my phone every few minutes, because I'm officially starting to panic. Emma can sense I'm getting lost in my thoughts so she grabs me and puts both of her hands on my shoulders.

"Stop panicking. You will be fine. You have an amazing connection with him and you will not screw it up. Take a breath, Katy."

"You're right. You're right! I've been on lots of first dates. This shouldn't be such a big deal."

"Exactly. Just enjoy yourself and text me if you decide to go to his. I'll keep an eye on your location just in case. I'll have my phone if you need me okay?"

"Thanks Em. You're the best! What are your plans for tonight?"

"Soup and How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days" she smiles. "Let me check your teeth for lipstick"

I smile at her and we hear a knock at the door.

"I'm going to get out of the way. Go get 'em!" she says while smacking my butt and scurrying up the stairs.

I open the door and Chris is standing there looking drop dead gorgeous.

"Hi" I say shyly.

"You look absolutely breathtaking, Katy" he says while leaning into me for a hug and giving me a peck on the cheek.

"So do you!" I say while grabbing my keys and quickly locking the door behind me. I shove my keys into Emma's handbag as we make our way to his black Mercedes. He opens the car door for me and I climb in. His car smells exactly like his cologne and I take a deep breath while I'm alone with his scent. He does a quick little jog around the front of the car and climbs in as well.

He backs down the driveway and then reaches over and wordlessly grabs my hand. He begins rubbing circles on the back of my hand while driving.
"I've been looking forward to this all week." I tell him.

"Me too, sweetheart. You're going to kill me in that dress though." He smirks and then takes my hand and kisses my fingers.

" He smirks and then takes my hand and kisses my fingers

Yup, that decides it. I'm definitely going to go home with him if I have it my way. He just oozes sex appeal. I can't be blamed for my decisions tonight.

I smile brightly and bravely say, "I'm glad you like it. I wore it just for you, babe."

He smiles and we have a typical conversation about how our week has been and then discuss the restaurant we are headed to for dinner. He pulls up to the curb, opens my door and helps me out and then hands his keys to the valet. We greet the hostess and he tells her he has a booking for two under the name Chris. They show us to a table near the window and he politely pulls out my chair for me to be seated. "Thank you" I whisper as I sit down and he joins me. The waiter hands us each a menu as well as an additional menu that has their wine and alcohol list.