Lilah Lovey

Lilah Lovey- French/Scottish ancestry; Lilah Lovey is a fellow classmate of Hannah Quigley's at the high school who plays the trombone for the school band, in addition to participating on the badminton and the girl's varsity swim team. On a surface level, she is generally pleasant, positive, kind, fair, blunt, easygoing, funny, sweet, intelligent, serious and forgiving, as well as more mature and responsible than her older sister Lucille. Despite her virtues, she is shown to be somewhat neurotic and impatient at times, as she tends to get stressed out, although such emotions are usually well warranted. She also shows an aptitude for math and has a particular interest in nursing, which has motivated her to want to attend school at the University of Vermont to pursue her undergraduate degree. Lilah appears to be very well-liked and popular among many of her peers, to whom she gives advice if needed, and is shown to have confidence in herself. She is very good at public speaking and knows how to bring attention to and convince people of her ideas easily, which helps her realize that she is a great leader. She was born and raised in Des Moines, Iowa before her father received a job offer in Valley Stream that led her family to relocate to New York when she was in the 7th grade. She loves to read and considers her favorite book to be The Wizard of Oz, although recent years have led to develop an interest in dystopian novels, namely the Hunger Games as she copes with her mother's struggles with Lupus. Lilah's father often complains that his wife is messy and tends to get irritated at anything being left on "his side", causing him to claim that their are two versions of her mother, "angry" Tish and "fun" Tish. As younger children, she and Lucille got along well and enjoyed playing together, riding bikes, collecting My Little Pony toys and playing four square. 

Her best friends are Tolkien Williams and Dylan Turner, whom share most of her interests, yet her closest friend in Des Moines was a girl named Maggie Wright, whom shared her passion for swimming. She enjoys taking care of her appearance and looking up tutorials on YouTube to style her long hair in braided styles, although she tends to be practical and down-to-earth in her approach to things. Lilah is calm and empathetic but comes off as a bit naive, if spoiled at times due to her sheltered life, as Tolkien tends to have more difficulty as a working-class teen in contrast to her well-to-do life. She is upset that Lucille seems to be dismissing her, acting mean, and pushing her away, which has happened since the birth of their younger brother, Bruce two years ago. She likes to be in control of what is happening around her, a struggle with the many changes taking place in her life such as her father running for mayor of the town. Because of his campaign, she and her family pitch in at home to give him more time to campaign, which includes cleaning, chores, and caring for and entertaining her little brother. Lilah loves to dress up and always comes to school in color-coordinated outfits and matching accessories, including her blue barrette. She cares a lot about her weight and according to her peers is naturally thin, with a body constitution that makes it hard for her to gain weight. She likes to brush her long, straight hair at night and always gives it exactly 15 strokes, and she had an awkward memory of getting a perm and becoming known briefly as "the girl with corkscrew curls". The students at the school have spread rumors that her father paid for her to get a record deal with a well-known producer, despite her having only average singing skills. Lilah is described as sophisticated, smart, friendly, very grown-up, and thoughtful, giving people the benefit of the doubt and excusing their faults. 

She looks up to various women as role models and wants to see more female characters in video games, and she is better at working on individual projects than group work when in class. She loves gummy bears and the song "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper, meanwhile she owns a pet guinea pig named Parsley, whom she named after his favorite thing to eat. Her charisma and sensitivity is undermined however by her quick thinking and tendency to give into peer pressure, which leads her to get into trouble easily. Lilah didn't always embrace her red hair fully growing up, although her mother's influence helped her appreciate it and realize that it makes her unique. She shares a special relationship with her father and felt lonely when he was temporarily still in Des Moines before his job transfer, although she takes after her mother in terms of personality and looks. Her favorite flowers are tulips, and she sometimes likes to visit the local greenhouse to find some seeds and grow some in a small garden she keeps in her backyard. She occasionally has to get between her best friends when they argue too much and can be overly enthusiastic when something good happens or if she eats too much sugar. Lilah still has good instincts, as many of her friends describe her as someone who "is always able to come up with the right plan at the right time". Due to her kind heart, she always tries to see the best in others and is willing to give second chances, believing that with patience and time, anyone can change. She is a generally a straight A student and dislikes having to keep secrets from others, such as when she hides the fact that she is being tutored in Chemistry because she's embarrassed. She also writes for her school's newspaper, The Edge, and encouraged a disabled student named Ava to become a roving reporter upon realizing that she was good at asking questions.