1

"Yeah, whatever, bye!" I shouted at my mom as I slammed the car door. She drove off quickly without uttering a response. We had gotten into a huge argument about how I'm a terrible daughter because I didn't do the dishes when she asked.

It'd make more sense for her to say I'm a terrible daughter because all I do is get high and drunk on the weekends, but no. The dishes. I think she just resents me because I'm nothing like my perfect brother. He has perfect grades and never does the shit that I do. Not my fault he's boring as fuck.

I walked up the sidewalk to the large house with my backpack slung over my shoulder. This house was way bigger than mine. I slammed my fist on the door in loud bangs until it opened up.

Ah. Pierce Bennett. The one and only. He stood in the doorway with one hand on the door handle and the other running through his thick blonde hair. His green eyes stared at me and his face looked unamused. Almost as if he looked like he didn't know I was coming.

"Aren't you going to invite me in?" I forced a smile onto my face. I kind of had the reputation for being a sweet bubbly girl so when I was in a bad mood I tried to force myself out of it.

Pierce stepped aside without saying a word and cleared space for me to walk through the doorway.

I really wasn't in the mood to hangout with anyone today, but I desperately needed to finish my art final. Maeve said Pierce could help me since he was good at art or something. He better be a fucking art wizard cause I am awful.

I never would've asked for his help on my own because I hardly knew him. I knew he was that quiet grumpy dude with too much jewelry, and that was it. I observed what he was wearing. He wore a black hoodie with some white writing on the front and black pants with a bunch of pockets. His outfit was so lame. Unlike mine.

I wore cute jeans that I just got and a vintage T-shirt that I thrifted. I should've put a jacket on because it was cold as balls outside, but it didn't want to ruin my outfit.

As if he was in my thoughts Pierce finally said something, "why are you wearing that?"

"Wearing what?"

"A T-shirt."

"Because it's cute." I frowned.

"But it's cold."

"Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for fashion."

He didn't say anything, he just blinked. How did this guy have friends? He was staler than a 3 day old donut.

He began to leave the room and I just followed him not wanting to stay alone in a room in his house. I hadn't seen anyone in this house yet, nor heard them.

He walked up the stairs and I followed closely behind.

He opened a door and it led into a bedroom, his bedroom I assumed.

His room was huge. I stood in the doorway, staring in awe. His bed was placed in the middle and across from it, a desk that was pushed up against the wall. In one corner was an entire drum set and on the wall above it, hung 2 electric guitars. One red and one black. Pasted all over his walls was pictures and posters of bands and music artists.

On the other side of the room was a couch with a piles of books on it. His bed had nightstands on either side of it that contained drinks, books, and a lamp. His walls were a heather gray color and his desk had shit all over it. Paints and pencils and sketchbooks and brushes, and charcoal. A couple medium-sized canvases were leaned up against the wall, sitting on the floor though.

"Why is your room so big?" I asked like an idiot as I stepped in and he sat on his bed.

"Because I basically live here."