28

Pierce Bennett

I clenched my fingers around the steering wheel until my knuckles turned white.

I was pissed. Had been for days.

I rarely ever reached out to friends for advice, but felt like I had to at this point. I had been in a mood for too long to not do something about it. I asked Grayson, telling him briefly about the issue and he wasn't much help. Though he did tell me that Reid might be a better fit for helping the situation.

I needed no more persuasions before I got back into my car and drove to his house. I wasn't the closest with Reid, but I knew him and considered him a friend.

He had recently worked things out with Maeve after they went through some issues so I figured he might have some advice to give. Though it wasn't my idea originally.

I didn't feel bad about showing up unannounced. It wasn't really my thing to ask for help ahead of time. So when I knocked on the wooden door to his house I had no feelings of awkwardness.

At first his eyebrows knitted together and he tilted his head to the side like he wasn't expecting me. I didn't think he was anyway.

"Hey, Pierce."

"Hi." I replied as I scratched my head.

"Uh, come in." He opened his front door wider which poured into his living room.

I took the invite and stepped inside his warm house. It was quiet. I don't know what I expected. It's a Saturday morning.

"Any reason you're here?" He asked me.

"Yeah." I breathed out.

He seemed to read the expression on my face and picked up on how uneasy I was.

"Do you want something to drink?" He offered as he slowly inched toward his kitchen.

"Water would be great."

"Dude, I meant alcohol. You seem wound up as shit."  He chuckled.

"Hm." I hummed in slight amusement, "I'm good on that. Just need to talk."

"Alright. Let me get your water first."

He trailed off into the other room as I looked around at the walls before taking a seat on his soft couch. He came back soon after and extended his hand out with the water. I took it and gulped down half of it before setting it aside.

"Could we go somewhere more private I don't want to air my dirty laundry around..."

"No one's home." He shrugged.

"Ah. Okay." I muttered as my eyes trailed over his outfit. Sweats and a loose T-shirt. A lazy Saturday morning outfit. He looked tired and disheveled, like he woke up not too long ago.

"I think I need some advice."

"And I was who you decided to go to?" He smiled like it was funny.

"Grayson told me to."

"Alright." He shrugged.

"It's about Allie." I mumbled," and Chase." I said his name like it was a forbidden word. Like it burned to say it.

Reid reacted to his name seemingly the same way. Eyes widening just slightly.

"Yeah. What's the issue?"

"Have you...heard about it? At school?" I asked. Considering Allie and I's argument happened Friday afternoon there was a possibility the drama hadn't reached him yet.