9

"This week's assignment is to photograph nature in its purest form. Whatever the fuck that means." I grunted as I read off the words from a piece of paper. I was currently laying on the ground of Pierce's room where, believe it or not, it was actually quite comfortable. He was sprawled on the couch in his room, sorting through his guitar picks.

He looked bored. He looked like he wasn't listening. He looked like he was more interested in tiny pieces of plastic than anything I had to say.

"Did you hear me?" I snapped, not wanting this to go on any longer than it needed to.

"I did." He replied calmly as he set a dark blue pick down in a tin that held his millions of other picks. He pushed his light hair out of his face as he looked at me.

"So...?"

"I know where we can go." He piped up in a deep chilling voice. He sounded so underwhelmed.

"Where?" I immediately retorted.

"You'll have to see."

I groaned and rolled my eyes. I hated when people said that to me, I was too impatient.

I grabbed my camera bag and school bag and threw it into his car as we both piled in, wasting no time. I wanted to get to wherever this place was as quick as possible to get this over with. I wasn't exactly enjoying Pierce and I's time together since I kissed him. It was awkward and seemingly dragged on, at least for me.

The drive wasn't too long, we barely talked, only listened to the hum of the radio and the roar of the engine.

Pierce pulled into a parking lot that was almost completely empty, and also surrounded by trees. We were in some national forest type thing. At one corner of the parking lot was a map on a big plaque as well as a trail that followed after it.

We both unloaded out of the car and I grabbed the camera bag, since that was the whole reason we came: to take pictures.

"It's this way." Pierce announced as he started up the dirt trail that was behind the map.

I followed in his footsteps before uttering a small, "what is?"

He didn't answer, only trekked on further through the woods. It was sort of gloomy today which sucked but I'm sure it would be fine. I shivered as a breeze whipped by, given I was in a skirt and a sweater. My outfit was cute but it wasn't weather practical, something I seemed to always do. But hey, you can't blame a girl for trying to be fashionable, right?

It seemed like we had been walking forever, weaving in and out of trees and bushes.

"Um...Pierce? We're sort of going off the trail here." I stated as I noticed we were basically walking through the brush and not the trail anymore.

"I know." He retorted in a monotonous way.

"Ow!" I groaned as a stick poking out of a bush scratched me at the ankle.

Pierce whipped his head back to observe what had happened, but didn't say anything as he returned his gaze forward.

"How much longer?" I pushed like a child.

"Just a little bit."

I rolled my eyes. I was not in the mood today. But was I ever in the mood?

"Oh come on, don't be so annoyed. Aren't you supposed to be the happy one?" Pierce said to me. Although the sentence seemed lighthearted, his voice gave away no emotion. I stared at his features. His blonde hair and green eyes were a perfect match together as well as his tan skin. It was hard not to stare at him,