6

Pierce showed me how to use the camera without any more smart ass remarks. Thankfully.

I looked through the assignment and realized each topic had a due date. What?

Apparently I was supposed to take pictures that fit within a topic and turn them in by the end of each week as this semester went on.

The teacher didn't grade the quality of the work other than the fact that you did it. Then all the pictures taken over time were put in a giant portfolio by midterms. This way people couldn't procrastinate and half ass the whole thing the week before it was due. It was supposed to be a longggggg project. The picture quality was graded as a whole for your midterm grade. It was kind of a process to see how you improve over time, I guess.

This weeks prompt was to take pictures of someone in an artistic way.

I think this class just might send me over the edge.

I told Pierce the assignment and he gave me stunned look. Like he didn't know what to say.

"Can you be artistic looking?" I asked with a pleading smile. I really didn't want to have to put this off another day and try to take pictures of someone else.

"Hm?" He muttered as he kept his eyes set on me.

"I'm asking you if I can take pictures of you for this...so?"

"Oh, I guess." He replied as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Perfect!" I cheered excitedly, "now how are you supposed to look artistic?"

"It's your assignment." He shrugged.

"But you're all...artistic. Look at your room, dude."

He didn't say anything.

I huffed. I guess I'll figure something out.

Well. We ended up outside because his backyard is gorgeous.

"How come you've been hiding this from me, huh?"

"Hiding? You've been here once." He stated.

"It was a joke."

He didn't laugh.

His backyard was huge with a bunch of trees and beautiful plants all surrounding a pool. It looked like something out of a tinker bell movie. It was majestic.

Despite it being January and freezing cold, the sun with shining back here and it was going to make the photos look so much better than if it was gloomy.

I made him change his hoodie to a T-shirt. I don't know why I just thought it'd look better for a photo.

I made him stand in front of the huge trees and flower bushes surrounding it. The sun shined down on his face but it didn't illuminate the entire space. It was just a little sun peeking through the clouds.

I wasn't quite sure how I was going to make this look "artistic" just yet, so I was just taking photos of him for now until I got an idea.

He stood sideways with his head leaning against one of his hands. It was quite an awkward pose that I told him to do but it looked good.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I snapped more pictures.

Something just needed to be...different.

"Take off your shirt."

His expression looked alarmed as he pulled his head away from his hand.