5

One week later

"Get changed and come back out for volleyball!" The P.E. teacher yelled at everyone after he took our attendance in the beginning.

I stormed off into the girls locker room and quickly changed in the unflattering gym uniform. The shirt was somehow baggy and tight at the same time, in all the wrong places. The shorts were clearly made for men. It sagged in the crotch area and uncomfortably rode up my ass cheeks.

I walked back out into the gym seeing that it was only guys who had come out. I didn't linger in the locker room like the other girls did, what was the point?

I spotted Pierce as I stood around in the gym waiting for the teacher. While these gym clothes may have not been flattering on me, they did wonders for him. Must be nice. His chest muscles were visible through the shirt like nothing was covering him at all. His large biceps peeked out from the bottom of his short sleeves.

I noticed his cross necklace was still strung around his neck as well as his usual display of rings that littered his fingers. It was weird to see him in this clothing, like a fish out of water. This was the first time we dressed down for gym. Last week the teacher spent the whole time talking about rules and shit.

Now I could see how different everyone looked in these clothes. It was quite funny actually. People who made a big deal out of dressing nice at school were in ugly gym clothes around their peers. I'm surprised some of the girls didn't complain more.

Heavy footsteps fell while I had my head down looking at my shoes. They got louder as they got closer until finally I saw a pair of black converse in front of mine.

I lifted my head to see Pierce looking down at me with his emerald eyes. I raised my eyebrows almost as if to say "what do you need?"

"Come to my house after school. I'm free for your photography thing." He didn't ask. He was telling. More like demanding.

"You may be free, but I have soccer practice."

"Ditch." He said plainly.

"I can't."

"Is that too low for you, Allie?" He teased even though he face showed hardly any amusement. I furrowed my eyebrows in annoyance.

He began speaking again before I could muster up an answer, "well, I'll stick around after school for five minutes, then I'll leave. You know what my car looks like, join me or don't. You're the one who asked for help." He said as he glared down at me before walking away.

I didn't even get a chance to respond.

I groaned quietly in frustration. Why did he have to be like that? My eyes met his from across the gym just as the teacher came in and started speaking loudly.

"Settle down everyone! We're playing volleyball all day, mostly because I don't want to make another plan that involves actual learning. I'll decide the teams, don't think you guys get to be with your friends." The teacher announced loudly as everyone listened.

Just my luck, I'm on a team with Pierce.

"For fuck's sake." I muttered under my breath after I heard it.

Not only Pierce, but an annoying motherfucker named Greg who literally admitted that he was racist.

The teacher quickly went over the rules, hushing any kids who had questions before sending us off. 

I stood in my place in the back of the court waiting for the rest of my teammates to show up. We played six on a court like a normal game of volleyball. The boys were put towards the front since they were taller and could block and hit more easily.