14

"Okay class! Today you'll be helping the yearbook students take pictures. They needed extra cameras and extra hands because they're quite behind. I figured you all could practice your skills while also helping out." My photography teacher happily cheered as she clapped her hands together.

She was a small woman, shorter than even the shortest girl in our class. She had pin straight brown hair that ended just above her shoulders. She wasn't really young or really old either. Probably about 35-40 years old. But she was sweet and bubbly.

Everyone in the class grabbed their camera, pulling it out of its bag and putting the strap around their neck. We all walked down to the yearbook room, which was much bigger than the normal classrooms for some reason. I had no idea what they did in here that needed this much space.

My eyes immediately found Jasmine and I rushed over to her. I knew whatever it is we had to do would now become a two person job. Even if it was something as easy as writing my name on a paper.

"I was hoping I'd see you." Jasmine smiled at me as I took a seat next to her.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you know, you told Grayson and I that you had taken a photography class and when my teacher said the class would be helping us, I assumed you'd be coming."

"Oh." I scratched my head, "yep, here I am."

She laughed briefly as she looked at her laptop, typing away at something.

"Listen up everyone!" The yearbook teacher yelled over the noise of students. It was double the amount there normally is in a class so I'm sure it was annoying to get all of us to settle down.

"I need you to get into pairs of two with one person from my class and one person from the photography class. Everyone from my class already has their assignments and what they need to get pictures of for their pages. We are extremely behind on this! So please be mindful of your time management. Hopefully we can get a lot done today. Now get out of here!" The teacher could really project her voice and I was quite surprised.

Soon enough, kids filed out of the class in pairs, one person holding a camera and the other with a list. Jasmine and I left after a minute of chatting.

As we walked she told me why they were so behind. Apparently all year they had been making pages consistently but not getting all the pictures they needed. Not things like homecoming and football games, since those they can't remake. But things like stupid little student interviews. They did the interviews for them, but never got around to taking the pictures which confuses me. You would think they would just do it all at once, but I guess not.

"Guess who's first?" Jasmine nudged me with a smile.

"Who?"

"Maeve."

"Oh my god! Really?" I said excitedly. I loved any excuse to see friends during school.

"I made sure I had her on my list."

"What's the picture for?"

"She was voted the nicest girl of the junior class."

"I'm not surprised, she's a cinnamon roll." I smiled as we neared her classroom.

Jasmine and I entered the class and the teacher immediately stopped the lecture.

"What can I help you girls with?" The man asked as he turned to face us.

"We need Maeve Hartley." Jasmine replied confidently and he glanced at Maeve. He knew what we were here for given the camera around my neck.

She stood up from her seat and walked towards us, sharing a glance before we exited the classroom.