16

I dragged him through the kitchen by his hand, excitedly smiling. We had taken a couple minutes afterward to cool down and freshen up. He put his sweatshirt back on, of course.

I looked back at him as we gathered around the counter and he had a happy glint in his eyes. I pulled a bottle of vodka over to us and his amusement faded.

"Are we going to take a shot straight?" He asked as he looked into my eyes.

"Well, why not?"

He sighed.

I took a few steps away from the counter and opened the fridge. My eyes scanned the shelves before I pulled a can of Mountain Dew out. I set it on the counter and offered the soda along with my smile.

He let out a small chuckle and tilted his head, "okay."

I grabbed two disposable cups and poured about a shots worth in each. His large hand grabbed the can and popped it open with one finger. He poured the green soda into the cup with the alcohol.

I lifted my cup up to his and we cheered before drinking it. He took a sip while I downed the whole shot in one go. I closed my eyes briefly as the alcohol burned down my throat.

I grabbed the bottle once more and poured some more in the cup, drinking it down quickly. Pierce seemed to watch my every move with his as he held the red cup in his huge hand.

"Come on." I tugged at his forearm as I made a move to leave the kitchen. He followed me keeping the cup in his hand.

We walked into the main room where everyone was talking and hanging out. Music boomed around the room, but not too loudly. It was just quiet enough to have a conversation with someone a couple feet away.

I pulled us over to an open spot on the couch and I crashed down. He complied wordlessly and I looked around the room at all the people sitting around us.

Just then a boy I had only seen a couple times walked into the room and sat down on the couch. He held a bottle of alcohol in his right hand.

"Hey Allie. Pierce." He greeted us. He knew my name but I didn't know his, and I felt a little bad about that. Usually I knew most people's names because I was an observant person. If I met someone once I'd always remember their name and face.

"Hi." I replied sweetly.

"Do you guys want to play truth or drink?" The boy turned his head to us and asked in an amused tone.

"Sure!" I cheered excitedly. I would take any chance to drink.

"What about you Pierce?" He asked as he fiddled with the bottle in his hand.

"I'll watch." Pierce answered in a flat tone.

We all stood up and walked to some room where everyone was waiting to play. It wasn't that many people, maybe 5 others. They were all sitting in a circle when we entered, but quickly scooted closer to each other to make room. The three of us sat down, making the circle a little bit bigger.

"Took you long enough, huh, Jake?" One of the girls said to the boy who brought us here. He just laughed it off as he set the bottle of tequila in front of him.

It wasn't long before he spoke, "Taylor."

The same girl who had poked fun at him lifted her eyes to meet his and uttered a "hm" with a small smile.

"Truth or dare."

"I thought we were playing truth or drink?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yeah, but I want to add the dare part back in. You'll still have to drink if you don't want to do either."