24

Allie Crawford

I woke up with my head pounding, but I made no move to get up. I was uninterested in starting the day. It was moments like these that made me question why I ever drank alcohol in the first place. The hangovers didn't feel the best.

Although I had a raging headache and my mouth felt dry and my stomach empty, I was quite comfortable. I opened my eyes just slightly and saw a chest in my line of sight. I blinked a couple times and then opened my eyes fully. After turning my head I realized I was laying on Pierce's chest. We were laying in the same bed practically intertwined.

One of my legs laid across his and my arm was draped over him. I felt a little bad that I was invading his space, but he was sleeping peacefully with his arm wrapped around my shoulders. So if I wanted to move, I couldn't. At least not without waking him.

The way he slept was so silently at ease, if that made any sense. He was motionless, not even his chest lifted when he breathed. He didn't snore. Each inhale and exhale was completely silent. I wondered how that was even possible.

I felt as thought every thing I did was loud, in screaming color. He was so grey. So quiet. I envied that about him. Sometimes I just wanted to be less obnoxious.

I kept my head laid on his bare chest. I could hear his heartbeat.

I couldn't remember much about last night, only that we got drunk together and I ended up crying. The details are fuzzy and I can't recall what I said exactly. I wish I remembered.

I felt him move under me and for a second I felt panicked. I lifted my head and saw that his eyes were open now and he was looking at me.

He looked tired and a little confused.

"Sorry for uh, laying on you." I mumbled.

He lifted his heavy arm off my shoulder and I took the chance to slide away from him and sit up.

"You're fine." He replied in a deep grumbly voice.

"I didn't mean to invade your space." I scratched my head.

"Allie, it's fine." He said sternly and I gave a weak smile while I watched him sit up in bed. Light from the window fell on his abdomen and shaded his muscles perfectly. I pretended like I wasn't looking, but I think we all know that I definitely was.

He stood up off the bed and so did I, walking around the room.

"Do you know where my bag is?" I asked as I looked at him standing tall by the edge of the bed in only sweatpants. I took a deep breath as I stared at his exposed torso and defined v-line that disappeared into his pants.

"Yeah, in the closet." He pointed with his chin by jerking it toward the closet door.

I walked around the bed to the closet that was close to Pierce. Before I got to it, I tripped over a shoe and almost fell on the ground. Pierce put his arms out and caught me. They wrapped around my body quickly and held me tight.

"You okay?" His voice was smooth and deep.

"Yeah." I brushed it off as I pulled myself out of his grip. I opened the closet and saw my bag. I opened it up and pulled out clean clothes to change into, as well as my toiletries.

"I'm off to the shower. Don't miss me too much." I announced.

"Oh no, how will I live?" Pierce mumbled with an edge of sarcasm.

"Was that? A joke? From Pierce?" I looked at him with a smile, "the world must be falling apart."

"Go shower, you idiot." He laughed slightly.