21

After the shower I put my clothes back on, except my underwear. Wearing dirty underwear was not my thing. It made me feel gross.

I felt a little gross in yesterday's clothes too, but I didn't have much of a choice. I walked downstairs and saw two plates of food on the counter. It warmed my heart, but also made my stomach turn.

I smiled at Pierce who was washing dishes in the sink.

"I said I wasn't hungry." I mumbled.

"I don't believe you." He replied in a quiet voice while he didn't lift his head from looking at the sink.

"I really should go soon too." I pointed at the front door.

"I'll take you home after you eat. Sit down."

I sighed, but moved towards the raised countertop and sat down on a stool under it.

He pushed the plate over to me and handed me a fork. I took it and began to put food in my mouth. I took a few bites before I grabbed my stomach and acted like I was so full.

"I really wasn't that hungry, but I ate, see." I smiled pointing at the plate that was only missing a little bit of food.

Pierce sighed, "okay."

I waited patiently as he finished his food quickly and put both our plates in the sink.

He disappeared upstairs and returned a minute later with a shirt on.

"Ready?" He looked at me as he held his car keys in his hand.

"Mhm." I muttered as I followed him out to his car.

I was not in the best mood after what I had been thinking about during my shower. I was silent the whole ride home because of it. When I began thinking about stuff like this, it consumed me.

Before I knew it, he pulled in front of my house and I had to get out.

I pushed open the car door and stepped out. Looking back at him I put on a smile, "thank you...for everything."

"Uh, yeah." He scratched his head with a puzzled look.

I shut the door and walked up to my house, stepping inside quickly. My mom wasn't home given it was 9 am, she was at work.

But Dean was home.

"So Pierce Bennett is dropping you off now?" He said to me as soon as I walked in.

"What's it matter to you."

"That guy is weird. Everyone knows it."

"He's not weird," I rolled my eyes at him, "he's just closed off and keeps to himself."

"He never talks to anyone and hardly smiles. No one really knows anything about him. Sounds weird to me."

"Okay well I know things about him. He talks to me. So it's not weird."

"Really?"

"Yes." I mumbled.

"How?"

"What the hell, Dean? How what?"

"How does he talk to you?"

"What the fuck does that even mean? He talks to me like how people talk to other people."

"Well I mean, I don't know, he seems off."

"You're overthinking this. He's a nice person when he talks to you."

"I know you think everyone is nice, but be careful. Not everyone is as nice as they seem."

"I know." I pushed past him and into the hallway, "I'm not an idiot."