3

3 weeks later

"Get up!" A loud voice pierced through my ears.

"Fuck." I mumbled as the huge headache set in. I never should've gotten drunk on a Sunday night before school.

I sort of forgot that winter break was ending when I was pouring the drinks. I was under the impression I had this Monday off. I was very wrong.

A couple weeks back, I turned in my art final and got an A. Thank god for Pierce Bennett, am I right? Then after finals week it was winter break. And now it's over. Now I'm here. Head pounding. Throat dry. Stomach aching.

I opened my eyes to see a very angry version of my brother standing next to my bed. He slammed down a glass of water onto my nightstand and the noise hurt my head.

"Mom isn't happy that you drank last night, and she'll be even more upset if you're late to school. You're late nearly every day, Allie. You make me late. So get up." Dean, my brother, cursed out, "I'm leaving in 20."

I closed my eyes for a couple seconds before opening them again. He left my room and slammed the door.

Yeah, so, it wasn't my brightest idea to get fucked up on a night before school but it seemed alright in the moment.

I gulped down the water in a couple seconds before setting the glass back down on the bedside table. I hopped up, my head immediately throbbing with pain. I ignored it and took the quickest shower of my life, not bothering to wash my hair.

I slapped some mascara on my lashes and slid into a pair of leggings and a sweatshirt. The ultimate hangover outfit. My muscles ached and my head hurt like a motherfucker. I don't know how I was going to survive this day.

I brushed my hair, brushed my teeth, put on my shoes and actually made it out the door in time. I honestly wasn't trying to be on time, I didn't really care. I knew it ticked my brother off when I was late but what else am I here for? That's like my purpose as a little sister.

I kind of hated having my brother or my mom drive me around everywhere. I really needed to get a car. I had my license but no vehicle to pair it with. My mom wanted me to buy it myself but how the fuck am I supposed to afford that without a job? And how the fuck am I supposed to get a job if I have no car to take me to the job? Do you see the logic? Cause I don't.

My mom is too busy to drive me to work whenever I need it, so I don't see myself getting a car anytime soon.

My brother, on the other hand, got given a car for his 16th birthday.

I just love being the least favorite child. It's real fun out here. Maybe it's because his grades are always perfect and he doesn't drink or do drugs, but I like to play the least favorite child card. But still. Unfair no matter the circumstances.

I slammed his car door after stepping out of it and onto the school parking lot. Fuck me in the ass. Back at this hell hole.

After the first semester we switched to a new set of 4 classes. My first class was math. I'd like to apologize to Dean ahead of time for the amount of questions I'll ask him about this god damn class. I'm not a math person, clearly.

The first day, though, went alright. We didn't do any math, only introduced ourselves and did stupid get to know each other activities.

Next was photography, and the longer the class went on the more I questioned why I even signed up to take it. Was I fucking high when I made that decision?

I had to spend the entire first half of the semester constructing a portfolio on my own time or else I was going to fail.

Not only that but I knew nothing about photography. I thought that was the point of the class...to learn about it. Everyone around me seemed to know exactly what the teacher was talking about the entire time and I was completely lost on the subject.