15

I clicked the small green icon on my phone, creating a list of names who I had previously called to light up the screen. I clicked Jasmine's name, a small tap coming from my fingernail in return. My face popped up as I waited for her to answer the FaceTime call.

After a few rings she did, her large curly hair coming into view.

"What's up, babe?" She said softly before setting her phone down on a surface, causing me to only see her ceiling now. She fumbled with something on her end, it sounded like drawers opening and closing.

"You going to that party tonight?" I asked mindlessly as I picked at my fingernails. The bright red nail polish was chipping away.

"Allie, it's Thursday."

"Yeah, I know."

"You're going to a party on a Thursday night?" She questioned like I was out of my mind.

"Yeah. And I asked if you're coming?"

"No way in hell. My mom would never let me."

"You don't have to tell her." I mumbled. I was laying on my bed, stomach against the sheets and head propped up against my arm. I had left my phone laying in front of me, also facing my ceiling.

"You may be able to fool your mom, but my mom sees everything. There's no way I could get away with it. Plus, I have a chem test tomorrow. Gotta study."

"Ugh, lame." I spat.

"Most people don't go to parties on a Thursday, love, that's a weekend thing."

"Right, right. I'm going though, so have fun with your...studying." I said the word as if I was repulsed.

"Stay safe."

"I will." I smiled even though she couldn't see it on screen, "thanks."

"Yeah."

I hung up and sighed to myself. It was approaching 8 o'clock and I still hadn't found someone who wanted to go to this party with me. That didn't mean I was going to back out.

I knew Maeve wouldn't come with me so calling her was out of the question. She was probably studying just for fun right now. Nova was out of town, but even then I'm not so sure she would've come with me. She liked to match my level of wildness, but she seemed stuck on only doing that stuff on the weekends.

"Grayson." I said as soon as he answered the call.

"What do you want?"

How sweet of him.

"Will you go to a party with me?"

"When?" He said with a mouthful of something. He must've been eating.

"Tonight."

"Oh, hell no."

"Ugh." I exclaimed in an annoyed grunt, "why won't anyone go with me?"

"Because no one wants to go to a party on a Thursday night."

"Lame. You're all losers."

"Right. Don't drink too much."

"No promises!" I smiled before hanging up on him. I closed my eyes briefly as I tried to think of another person I could drag with me to this party.

I typed the name in my phone and called it, wondering when I had even gotten his number.

A couple rings and he picked it up, his angelic face filling my screen. I showed my face this time, unlike I did to the other two.

"Yes?" He said expectantly. His soft blonde hair was in my view, though the room he was in appeared dim.