CENTUM VIGINTI QUATTUOR

THIRD PERSON POV

lily was laying on her back, staring up at the sky as she heard people training behind her.

with the base compromised, everyone traveled, but they soon found a place to settle down. the land was untouched, and phils. they had built cabins, tree houses with bridges that swung from one to another, it was straight from the movies.

the grass was about six inches high, hiding lily's slim body from anyone who just skimmed the area.

the date today was august 12th, clays birthday.

lily felt a presence next to her, glancing over to see it was techno and ivory laying on both sides of her.

"he would be twenty seven today" lily's voice was deeper, matured. after all, it had been four years.

techno didnt speak, his hair had returned to its pastel pink nature, messily tied into a bun that looked more normal.

it was a comfortable silence, lily spinning clays blade in her hand as ivory's body snuggled next to her on the blanket that was laid under the three.

no one ever knew what happened, hell even corpse and his family had no idea. the last thing his family saw was him being hauled off to prison, and after they tried to visit him weeks later, they said he couldn't have visitors.

but he wasn't even there, but no one knew that. the government had to hide that he got away, meaning no one could go to the 'trial', no one could see him, but his family knew he would have been put on death row, so that's what they went with.

it has been four years, and everyone assumed he was dead. no looking for him, no searching for hints, he was just gone.

"he took the fall so we could all live free lives" technos voice was raspy, deeper, different from before.

"we didnt even get to say goodbye" lily sat up and slid the blade into her ankle holster, one george gave her.

she turned around and saw the remaining of the family, charlie was sitting on a picnic table, throwing pinecones at wilbur and tommy as they tried to train. daryl was cooking dinner with laura, the smell echoing through the trees like a sound.

zak was siting in a tree top, noah right next to him as they complained about random things in life.

phil, being the father figure he was, had tried to use his power to get clay out of 'prison' but It just caused more trouble. and after old clients got tired of him drawing attention, they murdered him.

the family was a living skeleton of what it used to be, lily was seventeen and a striking image of clay. her straight blonde hair had started to curl and now its loosely coiled past her shoulders, it darkened as well and became a deep blonde, dirty if you will. it was exactly like clays hair.

ivory was four and a half, her red hair grew all to fast, getting a gene from both her parents powerful side. see now ivory couldn't get hurt, it was impossible. with lauras regenerating cells, and technos reincarnation, she became invincible. but that didnt stop her parents from worrying about her.

"ivy stop running, your going to eat shit" techno chased after his daughter as the red headed girl giggled and stumbled through the grass. the pink haired man was laughing as well, not even jogging as ivory was fast, but she was only four.

technos smile grew as ivory spun around and tried to fight him off. it was entertaining to watch, at least lily thought so as ivory tried to swing at techno but lost her own balance and fell into her fathers grasp.

the family was living a fairytale, they were on inhabited land that was swarmed with wildlife and plants. vines fell from every spot possible and moss layered the floor like a carpet.

they travel yes, but after they settled down, they got horses. literal stallions as their transport anywhere.

they really just roamed the field as everyone bonded, lily liked to watch the horses play like they were their own family. and they were, they grew up together, fought with eachother, and just spent time together.

lily's horse was one of the largest ones, right next to technos whose was a literal giant dutch draft. lily's had a thick coat of white fur, his mane fluttering in the air as he chased around the other horses.

in this family, there was always a loss. there were memories that no one wanted to remember. the gala, being the main one. then the hiding, no one wanted to remember all the heart ache they want to. but they wanted to remember who they lost.

and what may come as no shock, their horses all had familiar names.

"sapmap!" ivory screeched in happiness as her pony started approaching her. yes, ivory had her own horse. but what also doesn't come as a shock, the horse was still a child and was small enough for ivory not to be intimidated.

"feeding time!" charlies voice rung through every ones ears as he started clanking metal pans together. his voice was much deeper than it used to be, and he knew much more than he used to.

after he found out laura killed his father, they haven't been the closest but charlie understood why. it only took a brief dark humor joke from george to break the tension between the two. charlie was arguing with laura and trying to ask why they killed his father, but george got annoyed and said something along the lines of 'well clay killed my parents, and this job got my brother killed' while smiling.

of course that was a while ago, but george still has that same humor. no one knows whats really happening with him, hes barley ever at camp, and the few times he is, hes super energetic or to tired to get out of his tent.

all the horses went running towards charlie, hearing that sound meant they got food. of course the first one there was pink, technos ginormous stallion. and the last is Sapnap, ivory's baby horse.

though one of the horses stood in the field, staring into the distance as dust started to pool into the sky.

it caught lilys attention immediately because it was her horse. Dream.

"D!" lily shouted the horses name a moment while making a clicking sound with her mouth, but the horse didnt move. he just kept his eyes glued to the sky that now had a thin line of dust rising from the road that everyone knew was there.

quickly, lily turned around and looked at the family who was to involved in the dinner and feeding horses to notice. however, charlie saw it too.

he had already saddled up his horse, trotting over to lily and dream who were now standing right next to eachother.

without exchanging words, lily pulled the extra saddle off of the back of charlies horse, tossing it over D and hooking it onto him. the two stood in the grass pasture and watched as a car sped down the all to long road, sending very visible dirt trails into the air.

"who the hell is that" charlie spoke first, holding the reins to his horse as they slowly walked a bit towards the camp.

"I dont know" lilys voice was quiet, she watched the government looking SUV come into view that's immediately when the two got worried.

1263 words

and he's your best friend, but i'm your killer