CENTUM TREDECIM

there where two doors. the one lily and charlie used, and then another stair well. the stairwell door seemed the least guarded and I decided that was our best bet of getting out of here.

"lily do you trust me" I looked down and saw her teary eyes staring at me.

"why" she stared at me with a layer of concern, but she was really saying yes.

"that stairwell door, take this and get out. I dont care where you go, but your best bet would be getting to the hotel where ember is." I tried to hold her shoulders but with us trying to hide behind the pillar, it was hard to move around.

I handed her one of my curved daggers, a blade that meant more to me than anything.

she nodded and hugged me tightly, her grip was rather strong and it almost made me scared for the guards. because shes trained by professional assassins.

I watched her slowly yet quickly walk over to the two guards that stood there, and with ease, she managed to knock both of them out. I watched guards in the area attempt to go after her but they looked at me and froze, seeing that look in my eyes, that little glint of red. that is what will get them killed.

I spun back around and started walking through the crowd, seeing eyes on me as the hosts screaming voice stopped.

"and who might you be?" his voice rung through the crowd, the entire rooms attention turning to me.

I froze for a moment, making eye contact with techno and laura who looked terrified. I thought about it for a moment, break my cover and reveal im the collins son, or say im dream and be classified as an assassin. option one thank you very much.

"clay collins sir" I turned my face, avoiding anything to do with my family. after all, there were hundreds of eyes on me.

"collins?" the hosts voice sounded shocked, almost questioning.

"yes" I said with a faint smile on my face, trying to come off as a good guy.

he didn't say anything, he just looked my direction, or rather behind me, and pointed his fingers in a demanding manor.

I slowly turned around and saw the guards were hesitantly looking at me, like they didn't want to be anywhere near me.

"fucking get him" the host got impatient and said his demands bluntly, making sure it was rememberable.

I smirked at the guards and held my hands up, signaling I wouldn't fight.

they visibly gritted their teeth but came closer, two different men grabbing my arms and jerking me into the stairwell.

"any idea if we are making it out alive?" I asked one of the guards amusingly and he just scoffed, but he didn't respond. he was probably asking the same thing I was.

"fair enough" I shrugged and elbowed one of the guards in the face, sending him flying down the stairs knocked out, and then I gripped the other mans face and slammed it into the stair railing, knocking him out as well.

I kept walking up the stairs, coming out the top alone which caused the crowd to gasp, but the host just looked angry. however, I kept walking towards the host, acting like nothing was wrong.

I took the corner and the host stood there with a smile, obviously a psychotic smile but it was there.

he gripped my shoulder, his hand pathetically on my arm as my bicep was twice the size of his hand. he pulled me forward, holding me above the whole crowd.

the mic wasn't in his hand but he started talking to me.

"did you do it" he looked at me, his eyes looked hurt, like these two people meant a lot to him.

"do what" I smirked, staring into his eyes with a look not even I could describe.

his fake smile dropped and he pointed the gun towards the crowd, but I didn't move, I just smiled at him as his arm slowly moved the gun around the crowd, it took a moment but then the gun was pointed towards my family, and I unintentionally inhaled sharply, showing that there were people I cared about over there.

"found them" he smirked and pulled the trigger. the crowd started screaming again, but I couldn't risk breaking eye contact. he had to know im not intimidating.

"did you know then?" I asked with a fake smile on my face, and he shifted uncomfortably for a moment before slowly nodding.

"reyna was my daughter" he said blankly, staring at me with pain in his eyes.

"oh?" I said slowly and turned to face my family seeing that they were injured. including punz.

"you know" I had to hide the pain that was flooding my muscles right now, I had to push it away and not lose my cool.

he snapped his head to me alarmed, thinking he missed something.

"you just shot your son" I leaned in and whispered into his ear, getting him to flinch sideways and look down into the crowd.

"I dont have a son" he said quickly

"hes dead" the host looked back at me with anger in his eyes. like I was lying.

"my parents thought I was dead too, and here I am" I took a step back and held my arms out, showing that I was really here.

"its impossible-" he dropped the gun and I flinched down to catch it, making sure it didn't fire on accident.

the host rushed out of the balcony and bolted for the stairwell. satisfied, I smirked, but then I remembered, he shot my family.

quickly I looked to my side and saw that multiple people were on the ground, at least a dozen civilians, but niki was on the ground with foolish holding her in his lap, he looked pissed off, yet fearful from me. his eyes locked with my own and I quickly broke the contact, because niki was gone, however far I was from them, I saw the life was drained from her body.

1025 words

I AM SO FUCKING SORRY