Chapter (51) Fifty-One ~ ...the girl who's doing it all over again

"Do you two really have to go?" Lila pouted, her arms tight around Natsha's neck as the redhead held her.

"We do. We'll come visit soon, though. Can't go too long without seeing you troublemakers." I smirked, pulling Cooper into a hug.

"Yeah. And if you're lucky, we may be able to bring Alex along with us." Natasha's comment made both of the kids' eyes widen, the thought of them seeing their older sister again exiting them more than the thought of Natasha and I's return.

"Okay!" They both beamed, letting go of us and running to probably tell their parents.

"Well, that was easy," I mumbled.

"Yeah, but how are we supposed to get Alex to come by?"

"Could always ask Thor when this is all over." I shrugged. 

"That's true." Nat nodded, standing from her spot on the floor.

Since we had already changed into our suits, we grabbed our bags and headed towards the quinjet, Clint joining us a moment later. I quickly took my spot in the pilot's seat, feeling salty that Clint got to fly before I did, and started the jet, getting us into the air.

Steve, who had gotten into the jet before we had, started briefing the three of us on what we needed to know about this hopefully simple mission.

~~

"Two minutes. Stay close." Steve said after being dropped off.

"Eye eye, Captain." I made sure to follow his order, staying close to him as he made his way to Doctor Cho's amazing lab.

"Doctor Cho!" Steve panted over the coms.

"He's uploading himself into the body." Cho's voice came over Steve's com.

"Where?"

"The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to the Starks."

"First I have to find it."

"Go."

"Did you guys copy that?"

"We did." "Every word." Clint and I said.

"I got a private jet taking off across town. No manifest." Nat said from behind me. "That could be him." I looked down just in time to see something.

"There. It's a truck from the lab. Right above you, Steph. On the loop by the bridge."

"It's them. You got three with the Cradle, one in the cab." Clint confirmed. "I could take out the driver."

"Negative. That truck crashes, the gem could level the city. We need to draw out Ultron."

"How do you suppose we do that, Cap?" Natasha asked, the sound of grunts following shortly after on the comms.

"I think Stephanie has that part covered for now." I rolled my eyes.

"Well, he's definitely unhappy. I'm gonna try and keep him that way."

"Of course you are." I rolled my eyes.

"You're not a match for him Cap,"

"Thanks, Barton." Steve panted.

"You know what's in that cradle?" Ultron's voice came from Steve's comm. "The power to make real change. And that terrifies you."

"I wouldn't call it a comfort."