Chapter (53) Fifty-Three ~ ...the team against Ultron

"What the hell is happening?"

The first part of the plan went relatively well. That is, I guess, until Ultron sent his robot army after everyone. We fought and protected as much as we could, trying to continue getting as many people out while fighting any bot that came our way.

Not much later, though, the ground shook, and the outskirts of Sokovia started to look much farther than they did earlier.

"Do you see the beauty of it? The inevitability. You rise, only to fall." Ultron's voice came from his minion bots. "You, Avengers, you are my meteor. My swift and terrible sword. And the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in the world will be metal."

The fight continued on as Sokovia continued to become airborne. I fought alongside Steve, every once and a while wondering off a bit to help someone else if needed.

"Steve!" I yelled as a robot practically bodyslammed Steve, lifting him into the air before dropping him on a car.

"Cap, you got incoming." Tony's voice came through the comms.

"Incoming already came in." He groaned, slowly getting off the hood of the car. "Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job, tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt them back. You get killed, walk it off."

"That was some inspirational speech!" I yelled over the commotion.

"Yeah, well it's the best I got right now!"

"Well, I hope you got better, 'cause I need your help with the people on the bridge!" I yelled, already running towards the falling cars.

I held onto the bumper of the red car for as long as I could, Steve moving to get the green one, but the edge was too unstable, causing both cars to fall.

"No!" I yelled, my hand out as if to stop the car from falling.

Somehow, by some grace of god, it worked.

Thor flew into the rescue, glancing up at me for only a second in confusion as to why this car was floating before grabbing the lady inside and throwing her up. Steve was quick to grab her, and I was able to let go of the car. I panted as I got closer to the edge, helping Steve lift the woman up safely.

"You can't save them all." A bot ran up to us, Ultron's voice coming out of it. "You'll never-" The robot was cut off by Steve throwing his shield at it, embedding the metal into the robot.

"Never" what?" He sarcastically asked, summoning the shield back and throwing the now-dead bot off the ledge. "You didn't finish!"

I chuckled as Thor dropped the green car behind us, both of the men inside scared shirtless, but safe.

"What, were you napping?" Steve asked as the three of us made our way back to the fight.

"New powers?" Thor asked me, ignoring Steve's comment.

"Not new, just... expanded. I mean, there is metal in our blood." I shrugged. "Hey! Finally decided to join the party?" I yelled out to one of my favorite red-heads.

"I don't see how this is much of a party!" She yelled back.

"All right, we're all clear here." Clint's calm voice said threw the comms.

"We are not clear! We are very not clear!" Steve's more panicked voice said, him, Natasha, and I getting outnumbered by the number of bots around us. Thor had been taken by Ultron himself not long ago, though I'm sure he's fine.