Chapter (61) Sixty-One ~ ...the girl trying to get you back

I made Tony promise he wouldn't tell Steve or Sam that I signed. They knew I hadn't signed in Vienna, and because of the fact I knew they were happy about that, I wanted to tell them myself if I even told them at all.

Right now, I sat in a conference room with the two men as Tony and Natasha watched the security cameras of Bucky's interrogation. The three of us could watch threw the glass, but we couldn't hear what was being said.

"The receipt for your gear." Sharon handed Sam a stack of papers as she walked into the room.

"Bird costume"? Come on." He glaired.

"I didn't write it." She defended, looking around the room to see if anyone was watching. I watched as she pushed a button, the security footage from Bucky's cell playing on the screen at the top corner of the room.

"I'm not here to judge you. I just want to ask you a few questions." The interrogator said. "Do you know where you are, James?"

"I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James." He said again when Bucky stayed silent.

"My name is Bucky." His gruff voice said, making me smirk.

"Why would the Task Force release this photo to begin with?" Steve asked.

"You mean the bullshit photo that's not him?" I retorted.

"Get the word out, involve as many eyes as we can?" Sharon said, ignoring me.

"Right. It's a good way to flush a guy out of hiding. Set off a bond, get your picture taken. Get seven billion people looking for the Winter Soldier."

"You're saying someone framed him to find him?" Sharon asked.

"I've been thinking that this whole time but no one's listened!" I glared at the two.

"Olivia, Steve, we looked for the guy for two years and found nothing," Sam said.

"That's cause he didn't want us to find him. The only reason I did was because he let me." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"And we didn't bomb the UN. That turns a lot of heads." Steve added.

"Yeah, but that doesn't guarantee that whoever framed him would get him."

"But it guarantees that we would," I said, making everyone pause.

All of us looked toward the security footage on one of the televisions outside the room, looking at the man questioning Bucky.

"Yeah," Steve mumbled.

"Sharon, who was supposed to be questioning him?" I asked, right as the room went dark.

I stood as people started running around outside, Ross going on his walkie-talkie to probably get eyes on Barnes.

"Sub-level five, East Wing." Sharon quickly told us, making Steve, Sam, and I all run out of the room.

No one tried to stop us as we ran to Bucky, some people actually moving out of the way. I slowed to a halt upon seeing a knocked-out guard outside Bucky's room, Steve and Sam stopping just behind me.

Steve moved in front of me, making me roll my eyes as he checked the next room for Bucky or the "interrogator".

"Help me. Help." A quiet voice said as we checked to see if the guards on the floor had pulses.

I watched as Steve stood, quickly making his way to the one continuous man. While he dealt with him, I stayed with Sam to check on the half-dozen guards in here.