Chapter (52) Fifty-Two ~ ...the girl who helped build another one

"This framework is not compatible," Tony complained.

"The genetic coding tower is at 97%. You have got to upload that schematic in the next three minutes." Bruce told him, walking around the cradle.

The large stomp of a boot caught my attention, and my head turned to see Steve with the twins standing behind him.

"I'm only gonna say this once."

"How about "none-ce"? Tony sarcastically asked, still working while I slowly stood from my spot, keeping a close eye on the two.

"Shut it down!"

"Nope, not gonna happen." Tony threw back.

"You don't know what you're doing."

"And you do?" Bruce asked Steve, making me glance at the doctor. "She's not in your head?"

"I know you're angry." Wanda's heavily accented voice said from behind Steve.

"Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade."

"Bruce." I scolded.

"Banner, after everything that's happened..."

"It's nothing compared to what's coming!" Tony cut Steve off.

"You don't know what's in there!"

"This isn't a game!" Wanda and Steve yelled.

In the next second, a blue blur made its way threw the lab, and I was finally able to stop Pietro from doing any more damage once he already unhooked something from the cradle.

"No, no. Go on." He weakly said as I made him drop the power cord. "You were saying?"

A gunshot was heard a second later, Pietro's body falling threw the glass floor he was on.

"Pietro!" Wanda shouted, starting to go after her brother.

"What? You didn't see that coming?" Barton's voice came from below.

"Clint," I yelled down, the archer taking a second to glance up at me. "Don't do anything rash."

The sound of beeping made me wander back over to the cradle and the boys.

"I'm rerouting the upload." Tony turned to the screens behind him. Steve, always quick with his thinking, threw his shield, causing it to jump around the room, hitting anything in its path.

"Tony!" I yelled, my hands flying out as the shield aimed right for him. Though, nothing came.

"What the hell?" My nephew mumbled, staring down at the shield that was now floating in mid-air.

"Wanda, are you doing that?" I nervously asked.

"It's not me."

I took a breath, my hands finally dropping to their sides, the shield following soon after.

"Okay, that could be useful for later," Tony said, snapping everyone out of their dazes. A second later, when Tony remembered that Steve tried to hit him, Tony summoned his suit, aiming a hand at Steve and shooting him in the chest.

"Is that necessary?" I rolled my eyes as Wanda looked ready to use her powers on Tony, though Bruce came up behind her, putting her in a chokehold.

"Go ahead, piss me off." He said as she gasped.

I watched, unamused, as everyone started fighting, Clint even coming up from the lower floor with a gun in his hand. Thor decided to grace us with his presence, then, as he practically slid into the room. Everyone stared at him as he jumped onto the cradle, lifting his hammer and summoning lightning.