28- Dinner with a proposal

Azlynn's POV

Staring at my reflection in the mirror I silently wondered if anyone wouldactually think of me as beautiful. I never really thought much about myself. Noone ever really paid attention that way except Julian Greene. He was the only one who ever had any interest in me in any way romantically and I began to wonder why that was. Since I moved to New York, I have been harassed, taken advantage of and almost raped by a gang of men. But there has been this one man who has stood in the way each and every time someone tried to hurt me. I owe it all to Lorenzo Albertini.

All of a sudden the bathroom door flies open, and there stands a very handsome and surprised Lorenzo standing in the doorway. I hurry up and cover my naked body from his view before he could get too much of a look. "Oh my god, I am so sorry. I was just trying to figure out what was taking so long. I will let you finish up." he says and I watch as he turns and begins to walk away in an odd manner, I release a low chuckle as I realized what might have happened. Shaking the thoughts out of my own head, I turn back to the mirror and get started on the DIY hairstyle I found on Pinterest. When I completed all the instructions, I was satisfied as I put on the tiara that Lorenzo bought for me to match my dress. I was a bit surprised when I found it in the dress box. He really spoiled me today and I silently wondered if I could get used to it.

I put on the necklace and then put on the dress. Again, I had a hard time with the zipper so I called out to Lorenzo to come back into the room. I watched in the mirror as he approached me cautiously. "I can't pull the zipper up, can you please help?" I asked him softly looking at him in the mirror.

"Sure, uh yeah... I can do that!" he replies almost as softly. I stand still as I sense his hand on the small of my back. I feel the warmth of it spreading through my body as I feel him slowly pull the zipper up. I turn around slowly to face him. He was the only man who had ever made me feel nervous to be around him. Being in the same room as him always seemed to make those darn butterflies in my stomach flutter with excitement. But I don't think I will ever tell him that. "Azlynn, you look stunning. Very beautiful!" he says as he studies my face. I nodded a thank you to him and took his arms as he offered them. He led me through the penthouse towards the elevator where he pressed the button to make it appear. "We are going to go to dinner first, so I hope that you are hungry," he says as the doors close.

"I am starving," I reply to him as he sends me a nervous smile. Since when has this man ever been nervous? He has always seemed so in control and strong, demanding even but never anxious. "So what restaurant are we eating at?"

"I am taking you to The Warehouse!" he responded in his sharp tone, clearly annoyed by all of my questions.

"Oh, okay." Of course, little did I know what he had planned He had plans of his own that included me and it was about to start a war between the two guys in my life. My past and my future.

As we approached the bottom floor, he held on to my arm again tightly while the doors opened and we walked out into the foyer of the hotel. The staff stared at the two of us, on our way to dinner and then to a charity function. I was starting to feel a tad comfortable in the world of the rich and famous and that alone terrified me. Outside the hotel, a limo was waiting for us and I saw Nick standing there with two other strong-looking men. I watched as Lorenzo tensed up as he approached the car. "Wait here with Nick, this won't take long," he said sharply dropping my arm.

The look on Lorenzo's face as the men searched his body, before escorting him into the limo had me questioning what was taking place in front of me. I had no clue who those two guys were and I didn't really think I wanted to know. I waited there with Nick for about 15 minutes before the door of the limo opened and Lorenzo stepped out and was followed by a very mean-looking man. He was the type of man who always seemed to have a frown on his face, and he really didn't look happy at all to see me. He asked bluntly, "Is that the woman?".