thirteen

LET YOU DOWN

LET YOU DOWN.
chapter thirteen.

HUNTER CROSSED HER LEGS as she sipped on her coffee

HUNTER CROSSED HER LEGS as she sipped on her coffee. Leaned back in her seat, she brought a hand up to her face to move her sunglasses to the top of her head rather than in front of her eyes. The blonde let out a soft tight lipped smile as she looked at the younger girl approaching the small table that was apart of the little coffee shops outdoor patio seating.

"Thanks for letting me come, I know you guys have been busy lately."

"Its no problem, May," Hunter said, looking at the youngest Grant woman as she took her mask off, "Though I am surprised."

May nodded, "I need you to talk some sense into my mom-"

"Woah," Hunter cut her off with a laugh, "You want me to do what to Athena Grant?"

"Maybe just give me advice first," She cocked her head to the side as her voice rose higher into a question.

Hunter nodded with a smirk as if to say that would be easier for her, "Alright, what's up?"

May let out a loud sigh, "My mom thinks that she can control my life..."

"More context, please," Hunter urged her to continue as she sipped her coffee, "That's like... the plan of every mom in existence."

"She doesn't want me working at the call center because 'I need to go to college' and she's trying to control who I can be friends with."

"Well..." Hunter drew out as she tried to think of a response, "Best thing I can tell you is you don't gotta listen to her but you sure don't need to be mad at each other either."

May huffed out a breath, "If I don't listen to her then she'll be mad and if I do listen I'll probably hate her."

"Don't quit at the call center," Hunter told her, "Knowing you, you'll probably go to college later and that's okay. We all know you like being a dispatcher, don't give that up."

"I don't think she realizes how insulting it is for her to not believe in me," May tried to explain as she brought her hands in the air to demonstrate her frustration, "And on top of that, she acts like I'm always one call away from falling apart."