thirty six; season five

LET YOU DOWN

LET YOU DOWN.
chapter thirty six;
season five.

HUNTER LEANED HER BODY over the pool table as she lined her shot up, "So it's pretty serious, then?"

Her first shift back at work was one that she had waited weeks for, quickly growing tired of laying on the couch and continuous physical therapy for her abdominal muscles.

It seemed most things had gone back to normal, the 118 no longer left lingering gazes in Hunter's direction whenever she walked by them. She tried to ignore it the best she could, but knowing that the people around her knew the things she tried to hard to hide made her feel vulnerable. Although she also knew each one of them was waiting for the moment in which she revealed she was not okay.

"I don't know what you mean," Eddie sighed out, knowing exactly what the question had meant. He, too, had returned to duty not long before Hunter had.

"Well, you're meeting her parents—"

"We're meeting everybody. Her parents, her tíos, her tías, her primos. Her whole family's going to be there."

Buck exhaled as he took the pool stick from Hunter, "It's a baby christening. Which sounds pretty serious."

"It's not like it's Ana and Eddie's baby, Buck," Bobby sighed out as he stood to shoot, partnering with Eddie for this round of pool.

"That's right, Baby Buck," chimney called out as he entered the room, moving to sit down as he looked at the group, "What are we talking about?"

"The hot ex-English teacher's sister's had a baby," Hunter explained as she cocked her head to the side and recalled the details, "Chris and Eddie got invited to the christening next Sunday."

"You and Chris at the christening? That sounds serious." Chimney told him. Buck raised a finger to point in the man's direction as if to say I told you so.

"Its not... not the way you guys are making it sound," Eddie exasperatedly sighed before turning to look at Hunter, "and you, you're the reason I don't bring Ana here."