twenty seven

LET YOU DOWN

LET YOU DOWN.
chapter twenty seven.

ATHENA GRANT SHUT THE DOOR to her house with a loud bang as she walked in

ATHENA GRANT SHUT THE DOOR to her house with a loud bang as she walked in. Once standing in the living room, she shoot her husband an incredulous look.

"What the hell has that girl gotten herself into?"

"What girl?" Bobby asked his wife confused as he stood from his spot on the couch.

"Hunter," the police Sargent clarified, "they put a APB out for her and her truck not that long ago."

Bobby shrugged, a slightly slackened jaw as he took in the information, "I— I, uh, I don't know... honestly Athena."

"Well someone better figure it out because it's best if I take her in and not some rookie patrol cop."

The Nash captain sighed, shaking his head in disappointment, "I'll call Eddie and Buck, they'll know..."

As it turns out, calling Eddie and Buck led to more people in the living room of the Nash—Grants than anticipated, Kyle Dobbs and Sebastian Rodriguez, the former of which Buck called out of concern.

"I don't know anything, I swear," Buck spoke, his voice hoarse as he looked at Athena. He hadn't lied per se, he was keeping the fact that she had broken up with yesterday earlier.

Buck hadn't reached out, she had said she was done. Who was he to tell her no? He respected the woman enough to live with her decision but that didn't mean he had to accept it. All of his life, he felt like had been put on the back burner and nothing more than nuisance to his parents. Finally, he thought he had found a spot in life that was good for him, only to watch as the thing that was good for him, the woman who was good for him, walked away.

Fact of the matter was, Hunter had slept on the couch of Penny Dunn last night, not that any of them knew that though.

Off to the side, Kyle and Rodriguez stood in the corner together. Their quietness put them right in Athena's line of questioning as she turned to look at them.