The System

Flashback, Kai's Pov

When I died. I thought it was the end. However, it wasn't.

Instead of going to whatever heaven or hell awaited me...

My wish...was granted...

I had gone to another world...with the power of magic...

No longer would I be weak...

I would finally be able to fulfill my dream.

But first...

No Pov

Currently, in the Kagenou manor, a young nine-year-old Kai was sitting on his bed.

Kai's thoughts: I have to solve a few mysteries.

It has been 8 years first since Kai was first reincarnated into this world. A world where magic rules and dictates your strength.

Kai then looks at his hand, as a dark glow starts to appear.

Kai's thoughts: Because of my knowledge of the other world, I had already mastered magic long ago. I figure it out ever since I was an infant. Here, human displays such as strengthening and healing aren't uncommon.

However, something Kai didn't understand...was what happened in front of him, today.

It was even more abnormal, although this was also abnormal. Before he could question it, the door to his room opened. There, a younger Claire entered.

Claire: Kai, we're gonna practice soon, ok?

Hearing her voice, Kai's focus shattered and he just nodded. However, there was something wrong. And Claire didn't notice it.

Kai looked up, something from his head, seeing what he could only call...a status window?

These types of things were mostly seen in video games, back in his world

These types of things were mostly seen in video games, back in his world. However, never in real life. And the fact that no one other than himself could see it, was already something worth investigating.

He stood up and attempted to touch it, however, it didn't seem possible.

Kai's thoughts: Ok Kai. Think. How does one open an email? By checking the mailbox?

When Kai thought that, the screen expanded itself. It showed a single message.