Chapter Two

"Here you go, Hoseok, very well done" Myungsoo remarked proudly as he gave the sheet of paper to Hoseok, who grabbed it as quickly as possible "I'm sure your brothers are going to be very happy for you as they should"

"Thank you, teacher Kim..." Hoseok bowed his head to his teacher and gave him a big bright smile "Can I go to recess now?"

Myungsoo nodded, getting up from his chair to clean the blackboard with the information about the math test his students had done earlier. "Yes, you may go, enjoy recess"

"Yes, teacher Kim!"

Hoseok merrily left his classroom to join his group of friends who were outside of the building, enjoying recess after their math test. As per usual, he was the last one leaving because he, once again, had trouble with the stupid divisions, even though he tried hard to remember what Namjoon hyung explained to him during their study time. Maybe he was too distracted by what he was going to eat that day or what he wanted to do the moment he would arrive home. Hoseok simply couldn't understand math, it was really boring and it always made him feel bad, after all, a lot of his classmates got good grades in the subject. However, the blonde boy recapped the words Taehyung spoke to him that morning, he wasn't less smart than the others just because he struggled with that particular subject.

While Hoseok walked along the long hallway, heading to the back door that led to the playground. He stared at the sheet of paper he had in his hands and he instantly smiled widely, feeling excited to tell his friends and his brothers about the grade he had in his Korean test - an A -, which wasn't a surprise to him. Hoseok loved to write small stories with the few words he knew, they were simple, but according to his hyungs, Seunghee, Yoongi and his friends, he was good at it. Hoseok also enjoyed reading with Taehyung's help, he still had some difficulty pronouncing some words since he only started learning when he was five, there was so much more he needed to learn before being as good at reading as his hyungs were.

Hoseok opened the big door and walked outside, immediately spotting his friends who ran towards him. He met them halfway and happily, showed them his Korean test with a big red A written at the top and a small encouraging message underneath it.

"You did it again, Hobi!" Eunkwang chirped gleefully, linking his arm with his blonde friend "You're really good at Korean, you read better than Changsub, he sucks"

"Shut up, you poopy head" Changsub whined, feeling offended by his friend's comment "I asked my sister if she could help me out, but she says she is always busy with her Barbies, she's a meanie"

Hoseok laughed faintly, making Changsub stick his tongue out at him and, as the badass he was, he stuck his tongue out too as retaliation.

"I wish I was a genius like you, Seokie..." Jaehyun said gloomily, slumping his shoulders as he pursed his bottom lip, forming a pout "Reading is hard..."

"Reading and writing is not hard, my dear friends" Byeongkwan tried to cheer up his distraught friends by making a heart with both his arms, seeing them smile "You just need to read more, right, Hobi?"

"Yes!" Hoseok giggled, loving Byeongkwan's reassuring words to the others. The blonde boy adored his friends very much, they were always playing with him and making him laugh "My brother Tae Tae told me that we are different in our own way and we aren't less smart just because we struggle with a subject, I'm not good at math, but I try my best..."

"I don't like Science, it's weird" Changsub stated repulsively, remembering the odd plants and animals they were learning about in class "Tae Tae is really smart too, Hobi, he's like the second smartest grown-up I know"

"I hate History, it's boring, they didn't have games" Eunkwang added dully as he took his arm from Hoseok, not really being interested in what happened a zillion years ago, he wasn't even born, neither were his parents, what was the point? "I think that too, Chanie, what about you, guys, who is the smartest person for you?"