Chapter Thirty-Two

Taehyung was sitting on one of the stone steps with his elbow on top of his knee and his head resting on his hand, smiling softly as he watched the little ones having fun with his two annoying friends – Hoseok, along with Gunhak, was happily picking the usual bright yellow flowers and few poppies and daisies that were gradually blooming, brightening the colourless and dull playground, and Jimin was getting entertained by Soonyoung and his amusing tiger impression that always got the children from the kindergarten laughing. Taehyung observed how the two children were casually enjoying their time and giggling loudly every time Gunhak or Soonyoung did something humorous to make them happy. It seemed like the little ones didn't have a care in the world at that moment and Taehyung actually felt somewhat envious of their jollity and liberty, being so young without having responsibilities and worrying about complex emotions, he too wanted to be free from those, unfortunately, Taehyung, despite having a childish behaviour in certain occasions, had to face the real world every day and deal with its challenges.

Ever since he stayed at Seokjin's property, Taehyung started to seriously reflect on his life decisions, mainly his decisions related to his lovers. In all honestly, the male with pink and blonde hair preferred focusing on any other matter, namely, Hoseok's birthday party, however, the birthday itself could also be problematic since his father, when he didn't have to go on business trips, had the habit of stopping by in an attempt to see Hoseok and give him his gift personally, something Taehyung always refused to do it. The subject of his once perfect family and his obliviousness and naiveté regarding his father's affair was related to his poor choices in love. When Hoseok was born and Taehyung decided to take care of his baby brother and raise him, he and Minhyuk concluded that their relationship wouldn't work, especially when his first love was majoring in Medicine, Taehyung didn't want to let him go, at the same time, he didn't have the right to demand his former boyfriend to give up on his goals for his future, breaking up was one of the hardest things Taehyung had to do, even though it was a mutual decision, it was for the better.

Despite promising each other to keep in touch and stay friends, Taehyung and Minhyuk eventually went on their separate ways and grew apart, although, his first love never forgot his birthday, neither he forgot Hoseok's and Namjoon's, Minhyuk made sure all of them received a gift. After Minhyuk, Taehyung had trouble finding someone who shared a connection with him, his main priority was Hoseok at the time, however, Taehyung felt lonely, so whoever showed him interest, he just gave himself away and his poor judgement of character landed him his two ex-boyfriends who only thought about themselves and their needs. Taehyung truly believed Hongseok could have been the one to give him true happiness, their relationship began in such a cliché manner, but it was exciting for him, now knowing his true colours made Taehyung think about what Seokjin had told him a few weeks ago, maybe he truly needed a more mature man, like Minhyuk, or maybe love wasn't in his stars.

"Tae Tae..."

Taehyung straightened himself up and took his hand underneath his chin, noticing Jimin standing in front of him holding two poppies and staring at him perplexingly, like his eyes were piercing through his soul, trying to figure out what was going on inside of him, even children could see his true feelings.

"What's the matter, cutie pie?" Taehyung questioned curiously, noticing Jimin gazing at the reddish blooms he had in his hand "Are you tired of the big and ferocious kitty who sometimes speaks nonsense?"

"N-No, I just w-wanted to give you this..." Jimin uttered gently as he climbed to the step where Taehyung was sitting at, timidly placing the poppy behind the older male's ear. The brunette boy smiled light-heartedly, doing his best to cheer Taehyung up, the funny adult, who usually was always so elated seemed gloomy for some reason today, he didn't even speak to his father that morning "You look pretty with that flower, Tae Tae..."