Chapter Twenty-Five

"I appreciate the information you just gave me, I truthfully do..." Seokjin said as he searched for a specific book in his study, holding his phone between his shoulder and his ear "There isn't much I can do, you and Yoongi are the ones who know Taehyung and his preferences..."

Seokjin heard Namjoon's faint laughter from the other side of the line as he kept searching for the book he had been secretly holding on to since he was younger, a book not even Jungkook knew about. He wasn't ashamed of people knowing about that book, however, it was the only connection Seokjin had to the times he still believed he could break out from his responsibilities that were waiting for him further in the future, the only connection to his past self and what remained of his dreams that he, one day, thought he was going to pursue, but his life wasn't so simple, especially when he was a Kim man.

"Mr Kim, you don't need to thank me, I'm the one who should be grateful..." Namjoon retorted amusingly, hearing some shifting noises from Seokjin's side "I'm sorry if this offends you, but you are the last person who I thought could make Taehyung happy, I say this because I'm protective of my baby brother"

"It doesn't offend me and I understand where you are coming from, I was disrespectful and judgmental when I met your brother, we clashed a few times and I learned from my mistakes, I say the same about Taehyung" Seokjin uttered nonchalantly, crouching down. He opened the last drawer of his desk, probed the top of it, feeling a book glued with tape, carefully peeled it off, not to ruin the book, and took it off "We aren't exactly compatible, but we get along, I'm thankful for his help, this is the least I can do..."

"I know you mean well, Mr Kim and, if I'm being honest, you and Taehyung aren't that incompatible, I thought the same about me and my wife, I used to be shy and conservative, she was, and still is, outgoing, social, caring and friendly, we lived in two different worlds, and yet, we dated for eight years and we've married for three, sometimes, the ones we think are completely different from us, are the people who make us feel fulfilled..." Namjoon stated, finding interesting the relationship between Seokjin and Taehyung "I hope you don't think I'm implying something, Mr Kim, that is not my intention, I just want to clarify the misunderstanding human beings often make"

Seokjin was staring at the book with the red cover, in the middle of it was written "My receipts", while his thumb delicately ran over the worn-out book where he had the habit of writing down the receipts his grandmother and his mother cooked, they willingly shared that knowledge with him, even though his grandfather and father disapproved of his interest in cooking, again, it wasn't the type of behaviour a Kim man should have. Seokjin didn't comprehend why the men of his family behaved so manly and cold, so old-fashioned, he acted similar to them, even with Jimin, shouldn't he be the exception? Shouldn't Seokjin be the one to break the messed-up pattern? Shouldn't Seokjin be the one to encourage his son to be the person he wanted to be without him or his father dictating every aspect of his life? Shouldn't Seokjin be the one to make the difference?

"You sound like Taehyung, did he teach you about human behaviour while he was majoring in psychology?"

"He actually did, but our mother was a psychiatrist so, she would talk to us about her work, when she died, she was doing research for her book, and Taehyung was always glue to her, trying to know more about the subject, that was why he pursued psychology..." Namjoon enlightened Seokjin, probably telling more than he should, however, he thought it was good for the older male to understand his younger brother better "He never wanted to quit his studies, I even told him that Seunghee, Yoongi and I would take turns taking care of Hoseok to help him during his major, but he felt he was a burden to us, I hope he goes back to university one of these days..."