Chapter Forty-One

Taehyung was walking down the street towards Hyunjoon's high school while carrying the younger's PE bag, which he had once again forgotten at his parent's house. Yoongi intended to drive to the school and drop the bag during lunchtime, but since he had plans to have lunch with Jungkook, Taehyung volunteered to give Hyunjoon his PE bag, of course, he was not only doing his best friend a favour, but he also had an ulterior motive – wanting to meet the "not so cute boy" who Hyunjoon had a crush on.

After checking the road for cars, Taehyung crossed the crosswalk and ahead to the school gate, noticing the cement benches and tables near the entrance, where he could see some students alone and others in groups. A fit of laughter caught his attention since he recognised one of the voices – Hyunjoon –, so Taehyung decided to nonchalantly stroll to where the amused younger was and apparently, he wasn't alone, which made the male with colourful hair extremely happy. The other boy who accompanied Hyunjoon was the cute boy he spoke about all those weeks ago, finally, Taehyung could have his revenge.

Taehyung approached the two young males and the moment Hyunjoon made eye contact with him, it seemed he was ready to run away from him, well, now it was too late to hide, Hyunjoon was going to pay for being a bad influence to Hoseok and for mocking his relationship with Seokjin. He cautiously placed the PE bag on top of the table as he sat down on the bench right in front of them, smiling innocently at Hyunjoon and the other boy, who seemed quite confused about his presence.

"T-Tae, what are you doing here?" Hyunjoon asked hesitantly, not expecting Taehyung to be the one who was going to drop his PE bag at school. He spoke with Yoongi on the phone in the first period, letting him know that he, once again, forgot his bag at his parent's house, so he was waiting for his older brother, not Taehyung, which wasn't a good sign "I talked to Yoongi and he said he was going to drop by..."

"Well, dear Hyunjoon, Yoongles couldn't come, he had more important stuff to do, aka, lunch plans with his future boyfriend, so he asked me if I could come instead" Taehyung clarified Hyunjoon, who was running his fingers through his hair, probably feeling embarrassed about the whole situation, as he should. He focused on the boy sitting close to Hyunjoon and gave him a small smile, wanting to understand what was going on between the cute guy and Hyunjoon "I'm sorry, how rude of me, my name is Taehyung, I'm Yoongi's best friend, Hyunjoon's older brother, you probably know him, it's nice to meet you"

"Huh..." the young boy faltered as he glanced at Hyunjoon, not really knowing what to do, except to introduce himself "My name is Yoo Joon, nice to meet you too..."

"Yoo Joon, that's a pretty name" Taehyung retorted joyfully, placing his crossed arms on top of the table as he tried to think about a way to continue to embarrass Hyunjoon. Unfortunately, he needed to "sacrifice" Yoo Joon as well "So, Yoo Joon, you and Hyunjoon seem pretty close, did he tell you about his and his older brother's birthday this coming weekend? I bet he would love to have you there"

"Tae..."

"You and your brother share the same birthday? You never told me that, Hyunnie" Yoo Joon questioned surprisingly, playfully shoving Hyunjoon as he chuckled "Were you going to invite me to your birthday party or were you going to leave me completely in the dark, huh?"

Hyunjoon discreetly glared at Taehyung for opening his mouth, but the worse was that he now knew the nickname Yoo Joon had for him and he was sure the older male with colourful hair was going to tell everyone at dinner tonight. He turned his attention to Yoo Joon, who was gazing at him with those big doe eyes of his and with a teasing smile on his tempting plump lips. "Of course, I was going to tell you, Yoo, you were going to be the first person I was going to invite to my party, I would love to have you there..."

Yoo Joon giggled as he wrapped his arms around Hyunjoon's arm, finding his bashful demeanour adorable. "Thank you for inviting me, glad that Taehyung mentioned that party of yours or I would be left out for sure"