Chapter Twenty-One

"I-Is that, ah, i-is that for me?"

"Ah, yes, it is..." Seokjin simply responded, thinking that maybe he was going crazy, he couldn't believe he was taking Jungkook's advice, his best friends gave him the three lollipops and suggested that he should do something nice for Taehyung since he was the one who was helping him connecting with Jimin. At first, Seokjin wasn't too excited about Jungkook's idea, however, he decided that it could be a way to not only thank the younger for everything he was doing for him but also to cheer him up, Taehyung probably was struggling with the ex-boyfriend's situation "Jungkook kind of suggested that I should give you one of the lollipops as a way to thank you for what you are doing for me and I also know that you are not feeling Valentine's day this year so, well, I thought a flower could remind you of the good times you had on this day in the past if you don't want it-"

Taehyung gently grabbed the lollipop and the bright yellow flower, having a hard time comprehending Seokjin at that moment, he didn't seem like the person he usually dealt with which wasn't exactly a bad thing, it was just odd and yet surprising. The pink and blonde haired younger smiled bashfully at the gesture, if he wasn't expecting the cute kids' gift, he surely wasn't expecting something from the elder, still, he was grateful for the consideration he had for him, especially when the last weeks had been so difficult for him because of Hongseok.

"I appreciate your words and your gesture, Seokjin, I mean it..." Taehyung spoke sincerely as he stared at the simple and bright yellow flower while delicately touching one of its petals, questioning himself if Seokjin in the past was more warm-hearted than he was now "When you want, you can be a gentleman..."

Taehyung was stirring his colourful cocktail with the straw while his mind kept replaying the events that unfolded that morning. He didn't know if the blush on his cheeks was because of the alcohol he already had drunk that night or the thoughts about Seokjin's unexpected gesture towards him. Taehyung didn't want to linger on the subject, especially after the conversation he had with Yoongi, namely, the suggestion that the ice sculpture made his heart flutter which the young male vehemently denied, even though there was some truth behind that statement.

Taehyung guided the straw to his mouth, resorting to the alcohol to forget about the embarrassment he went through that morning and also forget the upsetting emotions that were swirling inside his heart. He finished his drink, yearning for another one to drown his sorrowfulness and loneliness, not wanting to reflect on anything, neither from that day nor the weeks prior. Taehyung wanted to have fun with his friends and let himself go, he was far gone from sobriety and feeling the alcohol settling comfortably inside of him, slowly transforming his depressive state into cheerfulness.

Taehyung glanced to his left, and his eyes landed on one of the bartenders, the one with blonde hair, he couldn't help but stare, noticing how the white t-shirt the attractive male was wearing was hugging his biceps and his sculptured upper body, his black skinny jeans were outlining his perfect bottom. The younger with colourful hair parted his mouth from the straw, observing the blonde bartender, who was distracted with some giggling and excited girls, as he unconsciously licked his lips. While he watched attentively to the handsome man's movements, Taehyung was caught by the said man, who immediately smiled and winked at him, now he knew why his cheeks were burning up and the alcohol wasn't the one to blame.

All of a sudden, this place got even hotter, damn...

"So cute!" Soonyoung squealed joyfully, however, his voice was muffled because of the loud music and the small talk from the people who were sitting near them at the bar counter were having "Tae, look at the photo, aren't they adorable together?"

Taehyung crossed his left leg over the right, leaning down to see Soonyoung's phone as he tilted his head. He saw a photo of Yoongi and Jungkook posted on the black-haired male's Instagram, and he smiled proudly, recognising the scenery behind them, Namjoon and Seunghee had already shown him a few photos they had taken when they were dating. The place was mesmerising according to his older brother and his wife and it was worth the visit, unfortunately, Taehyung never had the chance to go there with any of his ex-boyfriends, however, he was planning on going with his first boyfriend.