Chapter Thirty-Five

The ecstatic giggles and the euphoric squeals coming from Byeongkwan, Eunkwang and Changsub filled the living room. The three children were running around all over the place trying to escape Soonyoung, who was wearing his headband with tiger ears and doing, as per usual, his best tiger impression to entertain them, since they were a bit restless and also excited to celebrate Hoseok's birthday, it was the first time Taehyung planned a birthday party and invited the children. While Soonyoung was chasing the three little rascals, Gunhak was helping Hoseok, Jimin and Jaehyun count the dozens of balloons spread on the floor, the blue-haired male knew the reason why he and Soonyoung had the task of entertaining the group of little devils until Yoongi, Jungkook and Hyunjoon came back with Hoseok's birthday cake was the same reason Taehyung send them to the park, Gunhak guessed his cheerful friend didn't want to be mocked because of his close relationship with Seokjin.

Both Soonyoung and Gunhak didn't forget about their bet and they actually found it interesting how Taehyung felt comfortable around Seokjin so suddenly, the same man who aggravated their friend so many times, however, they could see a change in their interaction. The bet started just for fun, Soonyoung and Gunhak were trying to rile up Taehyung, now they seriously believed the possibility of their friend catching feelings for Seokjin and they were waiting for Yoongi's birthday to confirm their suspicions, especially Soonyoung.

Meanwhile, Taehyung was sitting Indian style on the couch with the children's mothers, humming excitedly as he took a big bite of one of the strawberry cupcakes made by Mrs Seo, Eunkwang's mother, who always brought the most delicious and sweetest pastries from her bakery shop, where she was the pastry chef, to their little get-togethers, and even though Taehyung was a big fan of the bakery shop where Seokjin took him, Mrs Seo's shop was still his favourite. Taehyung gave two thumps up to Mrs Seo as he munched on the pastry, demonstrating that her cupcakes were incredibly delightful, the mom had asked him earlier if he could try out her new recipe for the strawberry cupcakes and, of course, he was thrilled and honoured for being her "guinea pig".

"These are yummy, Mrs Seo, you have nothing to worry about," Taehyung said merrily when he finished munching on the piece of cupcake, reaching with his free hand for a paper napkin to clean the remaining creamy frosting from the corners of his mouth "Every time you have a recipe you want to try out, you can count on me"

"Taehyung, you are such a sweetheart, I'm happy my cupcakes are to your liking" Mrs Seo retorted amusingly, softly stroking Taehyung's hair. She adored the younger male and admired him for the amazing work he was doing by raising Hoseok "And I'm grateful for your help, I know how much you like pastries, so you were my obvious choice"

"Mrs Seo, I think whatever recipe you want Taehyung to try out, he will always say it's delicious" Mrs Kim, Jaehyun's mother, remarked amicably as she took one of the blueberry scones, offering a smile to the elated younger who was taking another bite of the cupcake "And I can't blame him, everything you bake is out of this world"

"I completely agree with Mrs Kim, in fact, I will stop by your bakery shop this week to buy some of your butter pecan cookies, my Changsub loves them"

"You're too kind, Mrs Lee" Mrs Seo responded politely, giving Mrs Lee a small smile "Maybe I can bring some in our next get-together, we should start this tradition again, the last one was a little gloomy..."

Taehyung momentarily stopped munching on the cupcake, remembering the last time he and the mothers had been together, it was a few days after he had the first one-night stand with Hongseok. At the time, the pink and blonde younger didn't feel in the right state of mind to go forward with the little meeting and he did his best to explain the situation. Deep down, Taehyung felt comfortable with the older ladies, so he didn't have an issue telling them what had happened between him and his ex-boyfriend. In the end, the mothers insisted on having the get-together and Mrs Seo brought his favourite pastries, even though Taehyung was feeling blue, they were able to put a smile on his face.