Chapter Ten

TW: Mention of abortion 

Seokjin grabbed the papers his secretary gave to him regarding the acquisition of the small tech company, as a businessman, he was always careful with the companies and the businesses he invested in. For that exact reason, Seokjin liked to know all the information relating to the companies that piqued his interest, in this case, it was a company that was similar to his, despite having some irregularities and few problems with money management that were easily fixed with some more restricted measures. For being so cautious, Seokjin resorted to his legal team and chose a few people to research the businesses he intended to acquire and this one wasn't an exception. However, Seokjin had a secret agenda in this particular case, he wanted to know if there was someone in the small tech company related to Taehyung since the younger with obnoxious hair colours mentioned his deal that only people on the inside knew of, Seokjin knew he was obsessing with small detail, nevertheless, it was enough to awake his curiosity.

"I brought you the balance sheets, the information regarding the bank accounts of the company, a list of their clients and the business deals, I also asked the research team to give me a list of their employees and the employees of their cleaning company" Seokjin's secretary explained politely as she saw her boss attentively studying the information she gave him, something told her Mr Kim was being slightly paranoid this time around, he never asked her or the research team about the employees of the company, just if they had a criminal record and their performance evaluation "Do you need anything else, Mr Kim?"

Seokjin was reading the many names on the list of employees, but it was hard to tell if any of them had any relation to Taehyung, Kim was a pretty common last name in South Korea. However, he knew for sure one of the people from the list was connected to Taehyung somehow and he needed a way to find out, preferably before the date the small company would be officially under his name.

"Thank you, Ms Jang, for now, I won't be needing anything else..." Seokjin placed the papers on his desk as he took his glasses, taking a deep breath "You can tell my father he can come in and, please, if Jungkook shows up, tell him to wait"

"Alright, Mr Kim" Ms Jang bowed her head and walked over to the door. She opened it and saw the older Kim sitting on one of the black leather couches, immediately feeling a chill going down her spine, like father, like son. The young girl cleared her throat, getting the attention of the stern male and gave him a small smile "You can come in now, Mr Kim, I apologise for the wait"

"No need to apologise, Ms Jang, work is more important, I know my son has been busy with the new acquisition..." The older Kim got up from the couch as he buttoned one of the buttons from his blue navy blazer and made his way to where the secretary was "Thank you for assisting him, he chose the right person, you are quite competent"

"Thank you, Mr Kim, it's an honour to hear those words from you..." Ms Jang said intimidatingly as she bowed her head in respect, avoiding making eye contact with the older Kim "Now if you excuse me, I need to go back to work, it's a pleasure to see you"

The older Kim proceeded to walk inside his son's office and closed the door after the brief yet pleasant conversation he had with the secretary, she was young but skilled and reverential, two qualities he rarely saw in young people nowadays.

"I'm glad my son is taking his responsibilities seriously, I wasn't expecting anything less from you..." the older Kim sat down in front of his son's desk, his eyes gazing at the glass plaque with his son's name, which made him feel proud, after all the hardships he had to endure to turn Seokjin into a fine and decent man, who represented not only the family but also the company, he was relieved to see his son behaving accordingly "I heard you are going to close the deal officially next month, why the delay, as far as I know, you have all the information to go forward"